Wikiposts

Medical test. TB Test

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Medical test. TB Test

Does anyone have got positive TB test and the X-Ray chest fine (no active TB). Does this delay the isuance of PR?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Does anyone have got positive TB test and the X-Ray chest fine (no active TB). Does this delay the isuance of PR?
errr am not quite sure about this..but from what i am learning on here it may mean they will ask for further details from Dr etc.before they make an actual decision..i do know that TB is one of the medical conditions that they do take seriously...

..good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you from first of all?
Which test do you mean by "TB test"-TST (tuberculin skin test"?
In some instances TST is not reliable at all. If you had BCG vaccine earlier in life, this skin test will always turn positive (red bump under the skin). For example, anti-BCG vaccination was commonplace in USSR, however in North America it is rarely administered.
Depending on the size of the bump, MDs determine the reaction of your immune system to the tuberculin.
If the Xray showed no active open TB, then I dont think there are reason to worry. It is estimated that about 1/3 of the worlds population has contracted a TB strain. However, only a tiny percentage of those people develop active TB in one form or the other (lung TB being the most common and contagious).
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:53 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarik
If the Xray showed no active open TB, then I dont think there are reason to worry.
Yep, completely right. Should be no problem.

What I found surprising was that when I first arrived here under a temporary work visa for healthcare work which I had a full medical for as opposed to my wife who didn't have to undergo one (pre-requisite for anyone wroking in healthcare) was that when I started my job I had to undergo another completely full medical.

When I asked the OHS nurse what was the point of my medical in London she rolled her eyes and said that basically it was a complete waste of my money and I shouldn't have bothered as they have been trying for years to get medical results from CIC to prevent duplication of tests and lower costs but CIC refuse to release the results.

So, WTF was the point of me having the medicals in the first place for a temporary visa?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iginla
Yep, completely right. Should be no problem.

What I found surprising was that when I first arrived here under a temporary work visa for healthcare work which I had a full medical for as opposed to my wife who didn't have to undergo one (pre-requisite for anyone wroking in healthcare) was that when I started my job I had to undergo another completely full medical.

When I asked the OHS nurse what was the point of my medical in London she rolled her eyes and said that basically it was a complete waste of my money and I shouldn't have bothered as they have been trying for years to get medical results from CIC to prevent duplication of tests and lower costs but CIC refuse to release the results.

So, WTF was the point of me having the medicals in the first place for a temporary visa?
Hi

Just wanted to be nosy and ask what filed of healthcare you're in - I'm hoping to work as an OT when I get over the pond. I had a job offer, but it fell through a few weeks ago as they couldn't hold it open for me any longer (had held it since Nov 04).

TrishB
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Migri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MadHatters

MadHatters,
I have a similar problem. I have the forms and I am waiting and praying. Have you taken the medicals yet? If yes, have u told the DMP about it? Has a skin test been administered?
Thanks, mate!