Wikiposts

Medical test passed one year ago

Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Khiran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical test passed one year ago

Hi all,
I have a friend who applied for skilled immigration thru an immigration lawyer in UAE from a long time back. In November 2007, he as advised to pass the medical test and from that date till now, he didn't hear from the high commission. His lawyer is advising to wait but it seems that there is something wrong here.

Did anyone had a similar problem and what is advisable to do at this stage?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:35 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical test passed one year ago

Many applicants with complicated background and/or requiring more complex security check experience the same - process takes longer than anticipated and then they need to undergo medicals again.

Without telling your friend's nationality, visa post processing the application, countries your friend resided in, etc. you will not be able to get any better answer.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:04 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that your friend is not alone... I am in the same situation... although my medicals haven't expired just yet... they are valid until Dec 31st...

And like Andrew said... It must have to do with background check and most likely linked to your nationality... In our case 'the problem' is my husband who is a Syrian national and who although has no criminal record, was deported from the US for overstaying his visa... we also had a hard time obtaining his PC from Syria and waisted a lot of time and money to get it...

What I am trying to say is that in cases like mine (and probably your friends) there is extra stuff added to the equation and this makes a big difference in the time your application is finalized...

I am waiting... just waiting and praying for a positive answer... but I guess only God knows what CIC will decide to do in my case...

Good luck to your friend...

By the way ... I am also in Abu Dhabi (visa post: London) and I am the principal applicant... and I have lived in 3 different countries and my husband in 3 as well...

Last edited by Yalily; Oct 9th 2008 at 5:07 am.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the same problem. My friend is Palestinian and from what you said, I'm sure tt this is the reason for the delay.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:26 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Thanks for your sympathy!

I believe there are several factors for delays in the final processing of my file... but I agree... Nationality is probably a major one... unfortunately.

Let's hope that both, your friend and I, receive good news at the end...

Take care!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

jhorsfield30 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Khiran
Hi all,
I have a friend who applied for skilled immigration thru an immigration lawyer in UAE from a long time back. In November 2007, he as advised to pass the medical test and from that date till now, he didn't hear from the high commission. His lawyer is advising to wait but it seems that there is something wrong here.

Did anyone had a similar problem and what is advisable to do at this stage?
Here's me thinking the medicals were towards the end, he must be annoyed,
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:12 am
Lily

... annoyed... frustrated, worried, concerned, tired of waiting... :curse:
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:12 am
Just Joined

adh_mapsbey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I am Kiran's Friend, the one mentioned in the first thread, Thank you all for the reply. now I know that my case is normal. Does anyone know if DVT or deep vain thrombosis would be a reason for rejecting my application? My wife has DVT but I am the principal applicant. BTW I am palestinian with palestinian travel document issued from lebanon.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

I just got a phone call from adh_mapsbey telling me that his lawyer received the passport request......can you imagine? we had to start this tread a long time back...
Congratulations ............
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yalily
Thanks for your sympathy!

I believe there are several factors for delays in the final processing of my file... but I agree... Nationality is probably a major one... unfortunately.

Let's hope that both, your friend and I, receive good news at the end...

Take care!
A special thanks to you Yalily and I hope you will get the good news soon. By the way, I'm also standing in the Q as I sumbitted my medicals in Septmber. So good luck for all of us.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Hi guys, I have just recieved the request for passport. which is great, but I have a problem which I hope someone can help me. I have made my medical exam november 26, 2007. My wife is currently out of the country she will be back thursday 16, october, I will be only able to submit my passport on the 19th of october. As per my lawyer It will need a month to stam my passport as I am living in the UAE. So I will get my passport 19th of november 2008, which leaves me with 7 days to pack and leave before my application get cancelled because of the medical exam validity is untill 26 november 2008? I really need all the help? can anyone advise????
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Many applicants with complicated background and/or requiring more complex security check experience the same - process takes longer than anticipated and then they need to undergo medicals again.

Without telling your friend's nationality, visa post processing the application, countries your friend resided in, etc. you will not be able to get any better answer.
Hi guys, I have just recieved the request for passport. which is great, but I have a problem which I hope someone can help me. I have made my medical exam november 26, 2007. My wife is currently out of the country she will be back thursday 16, october, I will be only able to submit my passport on the 19th of october. As per my lawyer It will need a month to stam my passport as I am living in the UAE. So I will get my passport 19th of november 2008, which leaves me with 7 days to pack and leave before my application get cancelled because of the medical exam validity is untill 26 november 2008? I really need all the help? can anyone advise????
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adh_mapsbey
So I will get my passport 19th of november 2008, which leaves me with 7 days to pack and leave before my application get cancelled because of the medical exam validity is untill 26 november 2008? I really need all the help? can anyone advise????
Pack a bag with what you need for a few days, fly out, land, do the process, secure an address with a friend over there that they can send your PR card to. Go back, pack your belongings and fly out again when you're done.

Simple really.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:32 am
Lily

OMG!!!!!
That is so Cool! I am so very happy for you! I hope you can sort out everything for your trip... but I can imagine how stressful it must be to just have a WEEK to make such a move... really.. .it is not nice of CIC to just give few days for such process... I know we are waiting and should be prepared to move... but IN JUST A WEEK!

Well, just make sure you have all required documents in order, your Goods to Follow and Accompanying Goods lists all nicely typed up... etc, etc...

I am not sure if I will have the same luck... but I am really happy to see that after all the waiting and worry you will soon have your visas.

Congratulations to you and really from the bottom of my heart, I wish you and your family a very successful life in Canada...