Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical results, and a run down on our Medical.

Medical results, and a run down on our Medical.

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Medical results, and a run down on our Medical.

Hi All,
Received Medical results today, so another step closer. Going for your medical is like taking your car for an MOT, you know there is nothing wrong with it but there is always that niggling feeling that the examiner may find something. Anyway we all passed with a clean bill of health, so now it's back in the hands of CHC London.

For those wondering what the medical is like here is a run down on what they do.

Blood test for Syphillus and HIV.
Urine sample?
X-Ray for TB.
Weight and height check, for body mass index.
eye test.
doctor checked ears, eyes and throat.
Spinal Check.
reflexes.
General checkup, using stethescope, and a good prod and poke.
Cough test for the guys.
Doctor asked questions, such as alcohol intake, drug use, smoking, past family history.

We used the DKP in Knightsbridge London, cost exceeded what was initially quoted. the actual cost of everything was £175 per person over the age of 16.

Well hope this helps.
Regards
frankieforehead
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medical results, and a run down on our Medical.

Pheewwww!!....I was always affraid there was a prostate check for us guys. :scared:
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

congratulatins on your medicals, were off next saturday, did you have any kids under 16? We have 4 year old, have been told that he just has a developmental test. How long do you think you will have to wait until you hear from CHC?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Pheewwww!!....I was always affraid there was a prostate check for us guys. :scared:
Good job there wasn't as he had large fingers...infact abnormally large fingers.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wensamjam
congratulatins on your medicals, were off next saturday, did you have any kids under 16? We have 4 year old, have been told that he just has a developmental test. How long do you think you will have to wait until you hear from CHC?
Hi Wendy,
Our children are older my daughter is 14, and the only thing different that she didn't have was the blood test. I don't know anything I'm afraid about developmental tests. With regards to CHC...how long is a piece of string/ to be honest with you I think we're in the home straight and I imagine it wont be long. We were posted a thread yesterday quoting three weeks from receipt of medical until Passport request.

We are sort of planning around the childrens schooling now, our eldest finishes his GCSE's around June time .....so anytime after that and before September will do us nicely.

Good luck with your meds next saturday, don't forget the clean undies.
Regards
frankieforehead
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:54 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi Wendy,
Our children are older my daughter is 14, and the only thing different that she didn't have was the blood test. I don't know anything I'm afraid about developmental tests. With regards to CHC...how long is a piece of string/ to be honest with you I think we're in the home straight and I imagine it wont be long. We were posted a thread yesterday quoting three weeks from receipt of medical until Passport request.

We are sort of planning around the childrens schooling now, our eldest finishes his GCSE's around June time .....so anytime after that and before September will do us nicely.

Good luck with your meds next saturday, don't forget the clean undies.
Regards
frankieforehead
Good job Frankie,

Hope your plans work out. You got me terrified of those large fingers though :scared: :scared: . Think I better go do a couple of E-client checks to calm down
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

AnnetteL is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you do everything at the same place, or were you sent someone else for the x-ray, blood/urine samples, etc. Were the results mailed back to you or did you have to pick them up?

Annette
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnnetteL
Did you do everything at the same place, or were you sent someone else for the x-ray, blood/urine samples, etc. Were the results mailed back to you or did you have to pick them up?

Annette
Hi Annette,
Everything was done in the place itself. Xrays were processed within minutes, but the blood tests and urine sample have to be sent off. All back within a two day period. As soon as they receive the results they contact you, or if you want you contact them.
regards
frankieforehead