Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical request through - feedback from earlier advice.

Medical request through - feedback from earlier advice.

Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:51 am
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical request through - feedback from earlier advice.

Hi all,

Got home late last night to our medical requests, hoorah!

Just thought I'd post feedback on here about my education as the general consensus was that I didn't have enough points to secure a PR visa via Skilled Worker. I also had little information to help when I was applying earlier this year, so thought this might help someone else.

I failed to get a single point from my French exam which we all came to the conclusion on here it would leave me with 66 points. I had only A Levels, but 14 years of schooling (not the normal 13 with standard UK education to A Level.) This obviously was deemed a 2 year diploma otherwise I definitley did not have enough points (66) OR they decided to waive the limit beause I have 11 years in technology and my partner is at senior manager level (i.e. both highly employable) and we have a relatively large amount of assets available relative to the cutoff amount. I included a lot of evidence from UK government websites about the National Qualification Framework and how BTECs and other diplomas are equivalent to A levels.

HTH

thanks

James
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical request through - feedback from earlier advice.

Congratulations,

Having read through the Operating manuals, guides etc, there appears to be a little bit of flexibility in how the points are added and how the immigration officers reach their decision.

I think we should all do everything possible to present ourselves as fulfilling the criteria, the point system, the ministerial instructions etc and then its up to the gods at CIC.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:56 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Medical request through - feedback from earlier advice.

Originally Posted by oicur0t
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post feedback on here about my education as the general consensus was that I didn't have enough points to secure a PR visa via Skilled Worker. I also had little information to help when I was applying earlier this year, so thought this might help someone else.

I failed to get a single point from my French exam which we all came to the conclusion on here it would leave me with 66 points. I had only A Levels, but 14 years of schooling (not the normal 13 with standard UK education to A Level.) This obviously was deemed a 2 year diploma otherwise I definitley did not have enough points (66) OR they decided to waive the limit beause I have 11 years in technology and my partner is at senior manager level (i.e. both highly employable) and we have a relatively large amount of assets available relative to the cutoff amount. I included a lot of evidence from UK government websites about the National Qualification Framework and how BTECs and other diplomas are equivalent to A levels.

HTH

thanks

James
Congratulations on the medical requests! Good luck with everything
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

HTH

thanks

James
Hi James
Congratulations on your med request we also received ours on the 09/09
hope its all goes well
regards
Joinerboy
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi James
Congratulations on your med request we also received ours on the 09/09
hope its all goes well
regards
Joinerboy
Hiya,

Just read the above congrats on getting your medical requests...hope all goes well for you both...good luck
xxElainexx
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Congrats to both of you!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elaine
Thanks & all the best with your application
regards
Joinerboy
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Congrats to both of you!
Hi Moira
Many thanks , glad to hear you've received your passport request will you deliver them in person to CHC london as its bit of a trek from where you live or post them .
regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Sep 13th 2009 at 3:17 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

jakifamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi James and many congratulations !!

I knew you'd be ok

Jaki
Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:30 pm
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Moira
Many thanks , glad to hear you've received your passport request will you deliver them in person to CHC london as its bit of a trek from where you live or post them .
regards
Joinerboy
If there was any way I could deliver them by hand, I would! Living in Ireland means I'd need the passpot to get back home, or else stay in London for two weeks, which is not really an option (wish it was though!).

Moira.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Congratulations on your passport request Moira- not long to go now!!

Lucy
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

What a relief that must be for you James....I am delighted to hear that the IO's are exercising their powers of discretion to your advantage and hopefully.......eventually...... ours!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

HTH

thanks

James
Great!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Congratulations on your passport request Moira- not long to go now!!

Lucy
Thanks Lucy! And sorry for hijacking the thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.