medical re-test question

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default medical re-test question

Hi, I just had a letter asking for another x-ray and sputum tests (applying under MPNP, London UK) and when I spoke to the DMP (she is in Cambridge but no longer on the list), she said it is okay to have these done through my own GP. I phoned my GP and she is fine with this and said they do them all the time for US and Australia. It will cost, so I just wondered if anyone has had these repeats done through their own GP and sent on or if they had problems for not having them done directly through the DMP who originally did them?

Im not really concerned about the tests its more about paying for them and then being told it was not through the correct Dr and have to do them yet again, which would cause further delays. The x-ray will be through the same hospital its just the sputum tests. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical re-test question

The only safe way is to go through a DMP.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Link to DMPs as there have been changes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The only safe way is to go through a DMP.
Thanks, I appreciate that Jim. Wow, it will be difficult because it means 3 consecutive days to get sputum to Dr in either Essex or London - not possible with my job to have 3 days in a row off as just had my annual leave. Work allows 3 hours for a medical appointment and round trip would be much more than that. Not easy, perhaps I could e mail CIC? The letter was to the DMP in Cambridge and asked her to arrange tests, perhaps I will have another chat with her also. Also the hospital where I had the x-ray nearly had a fit when I phoned them because they complained about 'radiation' and wanted to know what was wrong with the last one - as nothing was. Quite frankly I really am not bothered about a little radiation, im not planning on having any more .
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Link to DMPs as there have been changes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Thanks Former Lancastrian, I did know about the change and thats where the problem is with regard to work. Also, the letter was addressed to the old DMP asking her to arrange the tests so I would hope that might work also?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Hi, my husband has just been through the same thing. Our dmp is no longer on the list but they are allowed to complete what they started. The sputum test was/ is a nightmare with the 3 consecutive days, we tried to do it through our gp but he was v unhelpful. Could you see the dmp on a Saturday so you only have to make 2 days off work? It will be worth it in the end - I hope!!!! Good luck!
Julie
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julietaba
Hi, my husband has just been through the same thing. Our dmp is no longer on the list but they are allowed to complete what they started. The sputum test was/ is a nightmare with the 3 consecutive days, we tried to do it through our gp but he was v unhelpful. Could you see the dmp on a Saturday so you only have to make 2 days off work? It will be worth it in the end - I hope!!!! Good luck!
Julie
Hi, thanks Julie. I will be contacting the DMP again today and try to get her to do it, which would be fine because its pretty local and would work out fine. My GP was fine about it and fully prepared to do it however she said it cant be done on a Saturday because the sample is sent on the day and they don't send out on a Saturday . I know for sure it will be worth it and the 3 days thing is for sure a real nightmare but Im hoping the DMP will be fine to do it . Thanks again
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone here for your advice. Talked to the DMP today and got it started and sorted