I have a very medical question.

I have a "tonsillitis" and a "gall-bladder stone". Both of them are not
causing any problems in my daily life. Are those going to be a problem
during the medical exam.
Any comment is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:05 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical question

At a guess I would say it is very unlikely:

However!

Your tonsilitis may cause your blood count to show an increased white cell count (a natural response to infection) which they may (if they want to be funny about it) call you back on. Considering that medical checks are pretty expensive (not to mention inconvenient) it might help that you arrive at the medical with a doctors letter saying you have tonsilitis and what antibiotics you are taking for it.

This way at least you have some sort of explanation for your raised count (it won't be that much higher than normal.)

I believe the medical is primarily to screen for TB, HIV and other infectious diseases that might prove a burden on the health care system there.