Medical Extras

Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Medical Extras

Had a letter from CIC Medical division this morning. They would like extra tests to be done on myself. Namely and ECG and Echocardiogram.

I knew that in the medical that it was 140/92 but the DMP said to me it was lower - I guess she didn't want me to panic. I did tell her that I was stressed with the thought of the needle for blood - and she seen this as she took 10 mins, and eventually at to take it out of the back of my hand.

This morning I called the DMP - away until month end. Seen my own Doctor just 30 mins ago. B/P was ok. Cardiogram booked with him for Thursday. Echocardiogram is 6 week wait so won't bother with that.

DMP will want to get her own set, which is correct anyway, just doing it as a peace of mind and confidence to show her when I see her. My Dr. doesn't think that there any issues.

I feel upbeat, mainly because I know where I stand and have heard from them. Only negative feeling is the fact (that the tests although I am sure they will be fine) that it is an extra delay and is going to cost me hundreds of pounds again for the all clear.

never mind I am still smiling

JET
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Extras

Originally Posted by JET747
Had a letter from CIC Medical division this morning. They would like extra tests to be done on myself. Namely and ECG and Echocardiogram.

I knew that in the medical that it was 140/92 but the DMP said to me it was lower - I guess she didn't want me to panic. I did tell her that I was stressed with the thought of the needle for blood - and she seen this as she took 10 mins, and eventually at to take it out of the back of my hand.

This morning I called the DMP - away until month end. Seen my own Doctor just 30 mins ago. B/P was ok. Cardiogram booked with him for Thursday. Echocardiogram is 6 week wait so won't bother with that.

DMP will want to get her own set, which is correct anyway, just doing it as a peace of mind and confidence to show her when I see her. My Dr. doesn't think that there any issues.

I feel upbeat, mainly because I know where I stand and have heard from them. Only negative feeling is the fact (that the tests although I am sure they will be fine) that it is an extra delay and is going to cost me hundreds of pounds again for the all clear.

JET
It's good that you are feeling positive. A word to the wise though if CIC have asked for an echocardiogram then that's what they want. They won't look at your application until you have that test result in.

I'm sure you could get an echo done sooner if you phoned around. As you say it will cost you £££ but that goes with the whole immigration lark, spending £££.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

I know that the tests that are requested will have to done. To be honest with you, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I expect now to get these tests done in November and the Consulate to get back sometime in 2010.

As I have said on other threads, your health means more than living the dream. If there ever was a problem than the process has certainly rooted this out and you can get treated - unlike the unknowing population that just keel over without warning.

However, I will be ok and it is just another delay.

JET
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:41 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

JET
Hi jet,

I'm glad you've heard back, it's the not knowing that is hard to deal with isn't it? Hope all goes well with the tests and it doesn't delay things too much for you.

Take care and good luck,
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Biiba - it has become a bit of a joke and a marathon these days in the household - I am sure we will get there - as with many it is a question of when.......

JET
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fledermaus
A word to the wise though if CIC have asked for an echocardiogram then that's what they want. .
I am only doing the extra checks in tandem because in the event of something being wrong then it will boomarang back to my own GP anyway.

I am committed to everything the DMP says when she comes back from holiday. Never know it could be a good Christmas or New Year

Just for the record in case others go down this road

Echocardiogram - £379-90
ECG - £61-00

This will be the cost of it in Spire Hospital Cardiff when the DMP referes me.

JET

Last edited by JET747; Oct 20th 2009 at 1:07 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Best of luck with your additional tests, sure all will be ok

i'm just dreading a request for add tests after I had a slightly abnormal x ray, but the dmp felt I should be ok. The wait continues!

Great positive attitude you have - keep smiling
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

JET

Hi Jet
Sorry to hear your news but hopefully it will be just a case of providing extra info. Can i ask when the Doc was completing your form during your medical examination did you notice if he/she ticked the 1st 2nd or 3rd box on the front page of the IMM1017 form ( form you received with your med request letter )
regards
Joinerboy
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

joinerboy,

Not too sure what box she ticked, didn't see any of that - she filled in the forms after we left.

To be honest with you I feel surprisingly happy. My Dr said that there is nothing wrong - although have a free ECG Thursday to confirm (not £61).

Worst case - Emigrating would be the last thing on your mind.

Best case - delayed by a month or two.

It is just frustrating but at least I have heard and that is what made me happy - the fact that they have looked at the file, made a decision for more info and await that.

One starnge thing was that the letter was selotaped closed as if someone had opened it. ??

Hope you get something sooner rather than later.

JET
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

joinerboy,

Not too sure what box she ticked, didn't see any of that - she filled in the forms after we left.

To be honest with you I feel surprisingly happy. My Dr said that there is nothing wrong - although have a free ECG Thursday to confirm (not £61).

Worst case - Emigrating would be the last thing on your mind.

Best case - delayed by a month or two.

It is just frustrating but at least I have heard and that is what made me happy - the fact that they have looked at the file, made a decision for more info and await that.

One starnge thing was that the letter was selotaped closed as if someone had opened it. ??

Hope you get something sooner rather than later.

JET
I noticed the doctor ticked the first box for me:
'box A. findings that are unremarkable or minor conditions'

but if this makes any difference at all who knows , like you say best thing to do is keep positive. hope you get it sorted soon & keep us updated will do the same if i am lucky enough to hear anything.
regards
Joinerboy
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

JET
Hi Jet,

Glad to see that you are still upbeat with it all, we had our medicals the same days as you so hopefully we will hear soon, we had a few concerns about our son as he was born 15 premature but has no health or learning issues, Dr said it should be ok, just have to wait and see

Hope your ECG etx come up negative and it was just a bad case of nerves!

Lorraine
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

hepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant future

Hi Jet

Just wanted to wish you loads of luck, I'm sure everything will be fine. Stay positive. We are a couple of weeks behind you, and my gosh its a rollercoaster ride isnt it.

Gucci, I'm sure your x-ray will be fine. (hubby will email you later)! Loads of luck.

Lets hope in a few months we are all sorted and can breathe a sigh of relief.

Lisa
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jet

Sorry to hear this news but hopefully the extra tests will be ok, they should allow for BP to be elevated due to the bloody stress involved in immigration although it is a useful check up, I've just had mine at the Docs, I was in and out in 10 mins what use is that!!!
Amyway best of luck pal
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys for the well wishing messages and support.

I am more worried about the DMP being on holiday another 10 days more than the extra tests. They can be done very quickly - I checked with the hospital. I need to be referred to do them, shame I could have turned up otherwise to the DMP with the results.

It is a rollarcoaster no wonder some people get stressed, however the tests that they need I have looked at and they are a complete picture of your heart - if anything at least when it's over with you know that the pump is not cavitating !!

Thanks again and will keep you posted - as I expect the DMP to charge for the privilige of seeing me again

JET
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JET

So sorry to hear your news - hope everything goes ok and you get your PR in time for Xmas.

Poppit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.