Medical examination and TWP

Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

ralexa21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical examination and TWP

Hi guys,

I am currently applying for an LMO in Canada base on a firm job offer from a hospital there (woohoo)

However i am aware that i will need a medical and need to ask a few questions.

As I am applying for a TWP and by-passing the London office (by applying at port of entry) do i need to get the medical sent down to the CIC just so they can send it back to me and say it is all there ??

i really do not want to have to wait 4-12 weeks just for a medical as no other papers are getting processed by London (As i have an immigration lawyer)

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical examination and TWP

Hi there

I am presuming that you already have your occupational license taken care off and that you have an LMO.

You may not be able to apply at POE as you require a medical. I am not sure how you get a medical without applying for your TWP as CIC need to send you a paperwork package with a file number to take to the DMP. There is nothing on the website that I can see that explains how you would resolve the medical issue. It is my understanding that London need to review your medical results and this takes a min of 2 weeks. My OHs medical was sent back to them 3 weeks ago and we are still waiting for our TWPs.

If you arrive at POE without all required documentation or without the medical sorted you risk being returned to the UK so be aware. I would apply for the TWP to London as it only takes about 4 weeks to get the med request. I might take you that long to figure out how to get medical paperwork from them without making an application.

I am surprised your immigration lawyer hasnt been through this with you.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical examination and TWP

As above. No immigration doctor will do your medical until you have the paperwork issued by the CHC when you file your application. Your medical result then gets sent to the CHC who issue your authority to get your WP at your POE.

The only point I would disagree with on the previous post if the timescale. I think that it is variable as I applied in January and didn't get my med requests until May.

Your lawyer is being paid to advise you so check it out with him/her but I know of no other way of doing it when a medical is required.

Last edited by destinationnovascotia; Jun 15th 2008 at 10:38 pm.