medical exam timeline

Old Jun 11th 2001, 9:01 pm
Arsalan Ahmad

I got my my initial assessment papers a couple of weeks ago (I had mailed in my
initial application to Buffalo on 1/15/01) . My interview was waived. The package
also contained papers for my medical exam. Does anyone know what is the latest by
which you have to have your medical done after you receive your medical papers? I
heard it was 3 months?

Sincerely, Arsalan

Old Jun 12th 2001, 12:13 am
Sam Malhotra

Arsalan

1. Did you apply on your own or thru' an attorney.
2. What are your qualifications
3. Which post did you apply at?

Asking all this as I am deciding what to do for my cousin,

Sam

>
in
    >
The
    >
is
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 12th 2001, 1:39 am
akiyomiya

I asked this question by calling Buffalo since I am planning the date that I land in
Canada (remember, once you do your medical, you are supposed to land in Canada within
1 year from the medical date).

There is no due date for medical exam after you receive your medical paper. You can
do it in 3 months or 6 months. However, it takes for 2-3 months for Buffalo to
receive your medical result since it goes to Ottawa; then, goes to Buffalo, so keep
in mind of this.

AK

"Arsalan Ahmad" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

inon

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Arsalan,

The time limit is notified to you in the cover letter (in the packet you received for
medicals). Just don't go by three months rule-of-thumb, I suggest read it (it's quite
visible, guess in bold fonts).

Good luck

inon

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Sam,

Visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html It has tons of information and almost
'spoon feeding.' Moreover, when it comes to immigration "everyone has their own
story." Don't compare with others and assume your particular case.

No offense meant.

Old Jun 12th 2001, 1:16 pm
Benjamin Dover

This is an interesting debate. While 'inon' claims that the deadline for medicals
is written in the front, visibly and in bold fonts, there is no such thing, atleast
in my case.

If there is no deadline, this could be a way to "fine-tune" one's arrival time in
Canada. While I have scheduled my medical exam for next month to be safe, the
question is: What is the maximum time CIC will allow for one to take the
medical-exam? Maybe this timeline is something not defined/set in the laws yet.

Akiyomiya, did you get any indication for the maximum time limit? If 6 months is OK,
would 1 year be ok? How about 2 years or 5?

Ben Dover

[email protected] (akiyomiya)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 12th 2001, 6:04 pm
akiyomiya

Hi Ben,

Thanks for pointing this out. I got curious about this and wanted to double check for
myself, so I called Buffalo again.

The person I talked to was not so sure about this, so she double checked with others
in the Buffalo office.

There is no timelimit for the Medical Exam. That is why they don't give you a due
date on the front paper of Initial Assessment Notice with an Interview Waiver
(well, mine does not have any due dates). However, it indicates that it would take
2-3 months for Buffalo to RECEIVE the Medical Exam Result since it goes through
Ottawa first.

HOWEVER, if Buffalo completes your Background/Security check and everthing else (you
pay landing fee, etc.) is complete besides the Medical Exam, they will send you a
separate letter to request the Medical Exam. The letter will indicate that you will
have 60 days to complete your Medical Exam and they will throw your file if you don't
undergo your Medical Exam in 60 days.

So it really depends on how fast they can complete your background/security check.

I am trying to "fine-tune" my arrival time in Canada due to my investment and my job,
so I am delaying the time for my Mediical Exam for a little longer.

Another way to "fine-tune" your arrival time is that you can always land in Canada
and get a PR status (and stay there for a couple of weeks to find an appartment and
look for a job, etc.) and go back to your country as long as you return to Canada
within 183 days.

Akira

[email protected] (Benjamin Dover)
[usenetquote2]> > I asked this question by calling Buffalo since I am planning the date that I land[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in Canada (remember, once you do your medical, you are supposed to land in Canada[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > within 1 year from the medical date).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > There is no due date for medical exam after you receive your medical paper. You[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > can do it in 3 months or 6 months. However, it takes for 2-3 months for Buffalo[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to receive your medical result since it goes to Ottawa; then, goes to Buffalo, so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > keep in mind of this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > AK[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 12th 2001, 6:54 pm
Arsalan Ahmad

Thanks for you post Akira. That was very useful.

Arsalan

"akiyomiya" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > > I asked this question by calling Buffalo since I am planning the date that I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > land in Canada (remember, once you do your medical, you are supposed to land in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canada within 1 year from the medical date).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > There is no due date for medical exam after you receive your medical paper. You[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > can do it in 3 months or 6 months. However, it takes for 2-3 months for Buffalo[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to receive your medical result since it goes to Ottawa; then, goes to Buffalo,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > so keep in mind of this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > AK[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 14th 2001, 2:58 am
Tali Nicole

My letter said I had to do the medical within 2 months of the date of that letter, so
watch out.

"Arsalan Ahmad" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 14th 2001, 5:37 pm
akiyomiya

That is because Buffalo completed everything (Security/Background check) on your
case. You will have 60 days to do your Medical once they complete your file. It
really depends on case by case.

Akira

[email protected] (Tali Nicole)
[usenetquote2]> > I got my my initial assessment papers a couple of weeks ago (I had mailed in my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > initial application to Buffalo on 1/15/01) . My interview was waived. The package[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > also contained papers for my medical exam. Does anyone know what is the latest by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > which you have to have your medical done after you receive your medical papers? I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > heard it was 3 months?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Sincerely, Arsalan[/usenetquote2]