Medical - Citalopram for Anxiety

Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - Citalopram for Anxiety

Originally Posted by Pretty Flowers
I could be confusing it with something else! It was a while ago...
Or it could be prescriptions cost variation between Provinces??
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
WOW that's a lot My daughter is on Citalopram. A months supply costs $37.51, OH's insurance covers 80% of that cost so we only pay $7.50. Just for info her dosage is 20mg per day.
$73 in Ontario yesterday. 10mg.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:52 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
$73 in Ontario yesterday. 10mg.
I'm glad we're not paying that
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad we're not paying that
Is it cheaper for children?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Is it cheaper for children?
I don't think so, I think it's just the price of the drug for whoever
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Donnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the rough

WOW that's a lot My daughter is on Citalopram. A months supply costs $37.51, OH's insurance covers 80% of that cost so we only pay $7.50. Just for info her dosage is 20mg per day.
Just a thought. I've looked at the cost of Citalopram in Canada and thought that it would be cheaper (since your daughter is on 20mg) to buy the 40mg pack for a little more money, then breaking them in half to double the amount bought and still have the correct dosage. I currently live in the UK and go up and down dosage as required, and my GP suggest that I do this. Saves a lot of cash in the long run, in Canada.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Donnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Donnykins
Just a thought. I've looked at the cost of Citalopram in Canada and thought that it would be cheaper (since your daughter is on 20mg) to buy the 40mg pack for a little more money, then breaking them in half to double the amount bought and still have the correct dosage. I currently live in the UK and go up and down dosage as required, and my GP suggest that I do this. Saves a lot of cash in the long run, in Canada.
Also... an after thought. If the cost varies according to Province, then buy the drug on-line.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Donnykins
Surely I can only get what the prescription says, plus what the medical coverage will pay 80%of. Also it's not in a pack, they are individual tablets in a pharmacy bottle.