Medical with back injury history

Old Mar 2nd 2014, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical with back injury history

About me:

Arrived Saskatoon, SK with IEC permit June 2012
November 26 2012 was involved in motor vehicle accident in Kansas on a work trip. Received treatment through WCB for disc bulge injuries which have lessened but is still a bit of an issue
Applied to SINP PNP program January 2013 with 6 month work experience for more points on the application
December 2013 received SINP approval & have sent application to CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia for PR

I'm now worrying about the medical when it comes, anyone know if low back disc bulge injuries will have any impact on passing the medical ?
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

davidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical with back injury history

I'm obviously not an expert, but I don't think that will affect it. My doctor told me it's mostly to check for infectious diseases, things like TB, etc. My PR medical turned up a lung tumour which I was going to have surgery for in Canada, and I passed the medical. So even with an untreated serious illness they let me in. So as far as I know it's not about the potential for costly treatment in future. Especially if like me you've already been paying into the provincial health insurance or whatever.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidkenley
I'm obviously not an expert, but I don't think that will affect it. My doctor told me it's mostly to check for infectious diseases, things like TB, etc. My PR medical turned up a lung tumour which I was going to have surgery for in Canada, and I passed the medical. So even with an untreated serious illness they let me in. So as far as I know it's not about the potential for costly treatment in future. Especially if like me you've already been paying into the provincial health insurance or whatever.
But if I recall correctly, your application is for the spousal/family stream, where you can only be refused on medical grounds for public health or safety issues. You are excessive demand exempt.

The OP is applying for PR through one of the economic classes and as such does not have the same exemptions - and it is about the cost to the Canadian Government especially in the long term. However, I doubt that having a back injury will cause a problem with the medical for the OP. They do look for problems that will be costly for treatment in the long term (excessive demand) or that could cause public health or safety issues but I doubt a bulging disk will be one.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 2nd 2014 at 11:54 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

davidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of light

Ah yes I was the family stream, obviously you know a little more about the difference. Probably disregard my post then!