Medical - Appendix D

Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

cau0730 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - Appendix D

Hi All,

I know it has been a while, but things have been going smoothly for some time now, but I have my physical coming up on Monday and I have a question.

A little background:

1. I am from Pennsylvania, United States and I am going to Barry Segal.
2. My wife is from SK, Canada(probably doesn't help).
3. Fingerprints are done and sent to FBI(should be receiving them back soon).

Anyway, the doctor's office told me that my wife needs to fill out the right side of Appendix D of my forms(Medical Instructions) and then send it to me. Is there a reason why? I thought Appendix D was just for me to fill out. Also, does it matter if I fill it out or does she have to fill it out? Also since I am doing everything up front, is there anything that I must have the doctor fill out so that I have confirmation that I had the exam?

Thanks
Ricky Caudill
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:52 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Medical - Appendix D

I filled in mine (my wife is Canadian, too) and it didn't seem to matter at all. The doctor didn't mind, and I have my visa now. I am English and applied in England and live with my wife in England (for now), but I don't see that would make any difference. But if it is possible for Mrs cau0730 to fill in the form, why not keep them happy...?

When you've had the medical, they will give you a copy of form IMM1017, and will attach one of the photographs to it. Don't lose it, or you'll have to have the medical again, I think! You have to send that with your application. Being married to a Canadian means that the are less stringent than they are for other groups of applicants - they don't mind if you are going to cost the Canadian health services too much, but they are concerned if you have any nasty communicable diseases, like tuberculosis and AIDS, I suppose.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help Ok, I have a couple questions that I must ask. First, since I am from the United States and my wife is from SK, Canada, we would file as living abroad, correct? Also, we can do the physical before sending all the paperwork in, right? We have downloaded all the forms off the internet and have been feeling them out. This is an acceptable way of doing it, right?

Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cau0730
Thanks for your help Ok, I have a couple questions that I must ask. First, since I am from the United States and my wife is from SK, Canada, we would file as living abroad, correct? Also, we can do the physical before sending all the paperwork in, right? We have downloaded all the forms off the internet and have been feeling them out. This is an acceptable way of doing it, right?

Thanks
I don't know about the spousal cases, but that DMP(Dr. Segal) is cool. He did mine. (I am not exactly sure about one of his secretaries, though...). Just talk to him when you get there and take your time. I doubt the sec will let you talk to him on the phone but you can try.

Good luck

Henok
Old Oct 20th 2004, 10:34 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

You don't say where you and your wife are living, but yes to all those, I think! And pay the fees at the same time to make it as speedy as possible. Also, see Jonny's recent message about what he is doing to get to Canada as soon as possible...

Originally Posted by cau0730

Thanks

Last edited by Rhodes; Oct 20th 2004 at 10:45 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Hello Everyone This is Mrs. cau0730 lol I happe to be the one at the computer right now, with yet even more questions

Our question deals with a term on Appendix D. Principle applicant. Does that refer to me as the sponsor, or my husband as the applicant for PR?? The secretary at Dr. Segal's office has said that I have to fill out the right side of the form with my information, but I do not believe that I am the principle applicant. But we just want to be sure about that Any help will be muchly appreciated, this has been a real stressful week for us both.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:21 am
Once bemused

The principal applicant is the non-Canadian - so Mr cau0730...
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rhodes
You don't say where you and your wife are living, but yes to all those, I think! And pay the fees at the same time to make it as speedy as possible. Also, see Jonny's recent message about what he is doing to get to Canada as soon as possible...

Can you advise on how to find Jonnys message about getting to canada as soon as possible

thanks in advance