the medical

Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

tracyleeoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the medical

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have just applied for our PR visas and although there's a long wait and no certainty I'm already thinking about the medical.

Will I have to hand over my medical records held, I guess, by my GP. Or would I just have a medical done by one of their approved doctors?

I'll post my timeline up once I have something to report

So exciting!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the medical

Originally Posted by tracyleeoo
Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have just applied for our PR visas and although there's a long wait and no certainty I'm already thinking about the medical.

Will I have to hand over my medical records held, I guess, by my GP. Or would I just have a medical done by one of their approved doctors?

I'll post my timeline up once I have something to report

So exciting!
You will have to arrange your medical with one of the Designated Medical Practitioner's here in the UK (if that's where you are). These are then valid for one year, so you will have to land as a new PR within a year of your medical.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact...d-kingdom.html

You don't need to provide your medical records, or at least I didn't have to. Your medical will be a good check-up, sight test, blood test, chest x-ray, height, weight etc etc... Quite thorough. Ours was with the Leeds one and cost us £119 for the medical/blood test and then £30 for the chest x-ray.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that.

Also I was wondering (well worrying really)

We've said on the form that we want to live in Vancouver. But I know they have a lot of immigrants there. Do you think that they might reject us on this basis?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracyleeoo
Thanks for that.

Also I was wondering (well worrying really)

We've said on the form that we want to live in Vancouver. But I know they have a lot of immigrants there. Do you think that they might reject us on this basis?
That's funny, sorry ... No don't worry about it at all, they will not even think of that. I think it's only out of curiosity that they ask that question and you're response won't affect your application and you can even change your mind later and land/live somewhere else (except quebec of course).

We're off to Vancouver tomorrow , maybe we'll see you there sometime soon.

Jonny
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jonny
That's funny, sorry ... No don't worry about it at all, they will not even think of that. I think it's only out of curiosity that they ask that question and you're response won't affect your application and you can even change your mind later and land/live somewhere else (except quebec of course).

We're off to Vancouver tomorrow , maybe we'll see you there sometime soon.

Jonny
Fantastic! And good luck in your new life

Can't wait to get there.