British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Med request received - woo hoo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/med-request-received-woo-hoo-700135/)

The Logans Jan 11th 2011 11:26 am

Med request received - woo hoo

At last after 6 months we received our med request. :rofl:
It could not have come at any better time as Davie was due to leave next Thursday to oversee calving on the farm but now hopefully I will only be a few weeks behind!
The meds are booked for friday :thumbsup: at the Anniesland Practice in Glasgow - does anyone have an experiance / comments about them!

LinsyPinsy Jan 11th 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Med request received - woo hoo

Originally Posted by The Logans (Post 9093067)
At last after 6 months we received our med request. :rofl:
It could not have come at any better time as Davie was due to leave next Thursday to oversee calving on the farm but now hopefully I will only be a few weeks behind!
The meds are booked for friday :thumbsup: at the Anniesland Practice in Glasgow - does anyone have an experiance / comments about them!

Great news!!!
We used Helen Bryden in the city centre purely because the appt times were more flexable from memory. I believe you will have no probs with Anniesland.
Good luck
lns

rubberduckofdeath Jan 11th 2011 12:04 pm

Nice! Congratulations :)

spankysparkle Jan 11th 2011 12:49 pm

great news! yay for you!!

maddhobs Jan 11th 2011 7:35 pm

Congratulations!:thumbsup:

Rubie Jan 11th 2011 8:34 pm

Finally things appear to be moving!! Congratulations!!!!!

Good luck with the next stage:thumbsup:

manitobain Jan 12th 2011 1:13 am

ahhh.. glad to hear..one step closer :) congrats!

engineer80 Jan 12th 2011 7:01 am

Congratulations! :thumbsup: As Rubie said it's fantastic that things appear to be moving again!

LadySummer Jan 12th 2011 7:50 am

:eek: What fantastic news :thumbsup: (looks like you were right)

Can I ask, how did you receive it - just incase I'm next :fingerscrossed:

The Logans Jan 12th 2011 7:53 am

:rofl: it came in a brown A5 envelope which was posted on the 6th! Can you beleive it took 5 days 1st Class!
Fingers crossed yours is winging its way to you - it feels such a relief, meds are booked for Friday, I ll keep you posted.

shashy Jan 12th 2011 8:36 am

Congratulations:):)

izzi81 Jan 12th 2011 12:13 pm

oooooh... developments!! Congratulations on yours coming through. Anniesland is my local GPs office, and I've always found them really nice and friendly. Would definitely recommend them, I can't see you having any problems. :thumbup:

Mrs-G Jan 12th 2011 12:25 pm

Congrats!! Good timing for you too by the sound of it.

My OH did his meds at Anniesland in September. We had a bit of a mix up but I think its only because the receptionist maybe wasn't the one who normally deals with the immigration meds. She kept us waiting for ages,then the doc got angry cause she had OH and his little girl to do and pushed for time :ohmy: But OH said it was all fine once they were in with her.

Good luck with them, and the move! :thumbsup:

havana Jan 12th 2011 2:15 pm

hello, I am so excited again. I applied for FSW from London, as my occupation is on the list, my application was recived mid october 2010,, did you also apply after june 2010??thanks

The Logans Jan 12th 2011 2:17 pm

we are not FSW we are PNP nominees (as investors I think). our federal application was sent to London on the 05/07/10