Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Med Instructions here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Med Instructions here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 10th 2005, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

DJAD74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Med Instructions here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by h_henry
Thanks both of you! Next on the list is to book the medical and get the house valued. I think we'll try and go to one of the London DMP's as they seem to have shorter waiting lists.

Congrats Henry, and if you want to go to LONDON DMP, will suggest go to www.numberonehealth.co.uk as they have a short waiting time, mine is booked for the end of the month with them and I reckon they are really up to date proffessional.

DJAD74
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:25 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic news! Came down this morning and read that 2 of the old timers have got med requests! Yay!
Just goes to prove that the do read this forum and the threat of nakedness really did the trick! Problem is, I can now see 100,000 people stripping outside CHC next weekend!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for all your "congratulation" posts!!!!!!! Me and Mans are now officially in the "we've got our medicals club" and not feeling so left out (sorry Wannabe).

We prob will go to Number One - they have a very helpful web site and were good on the phone and promised short waiting times. Itching to phone them Monday
Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:32 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

My immig consultant recomended to do the Meds at Harley Street too due to their reputation of shorter waiting times and for their efficiency in sending the results to CHC.

Will be calling them as soon as I receive the "pack" from my consultant as my "brown envolope" went to the consultant.

In the meantime, does anyone know what the approx wait time is at Harley Street?

Rgds
Mans

Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:27 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Belated congratulations to you H-Henry, hope your medicals go smoothly, all these medical requests coming through it feels like we won't have to wait too long also ! lets hope so any how

Regards, Steve
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

halanddawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to all of you getting your medical requests, we are beginning to think we might not have to wait much longer now ourselves??!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mans
In the meantime, does anyone know what the approx wait time is at Harley Street?

Rgds
Mans

Harley St told me that most people ring up a day in advance. Due to partner's work commitments (boring - yawn) we had to wait a week. We're booked in to reveal all on Monday.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:19 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Harley St told me that most people ring up a day in advance. Due to partner's work commitments (boring - yawn) we had to wait a week. We're booked in to reveal all on Monday.
I booked into knightsbridge .... only because they do x-ray ect on the same site rather than round the corner (not a big issue but with two young kids I thought it would be easier for us!).

Were booked in for Tuesday!

Good Luck on yours
Mans
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all
Talking Re: Med Instructions here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=h_henry]Today we had the infamous brown envelope containing med forms .

Congratulations..... We did are meds in slough on the 15th great Dr really nice x-rays at the Nuffield just up the road really quick.

Meds £100 x 2 adults £50 x 2 kids (7,2) x-rays £85 for the two blood £85 for the 2 Total £470 family of 4.

Only phoned on the 14th booked for the 15th :scared:
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=hawkeye]
Today we had the infamous brown envelope containing med forms .

Congratulations..... We did are meds in slough on the 15th great Dr really nice x-rays at the Nuffield just up the road really quick.

Meds £100 x 2 adults £50 x 2 kids (7,2) x-rays £85 for the two blood £85 for the 2 Total £470 family of 4.

Only phoned on the 14th booked for the 15th :scared:
Wow that was quick! Hope London office gets them processed as speedily for you! The price is good too - we're paying £220 each for the priv.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:05 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Today we had the infamous brown envelope containing med forms . I don't believe it, I thought they'd never come. I feel all shaky, need a stiff drink! I reckon, the threat of doing a double Full Monty with "Mans" must have scared them into submission. Hopefully that means yours are in the post Mans!

So I reckon I'll stop whinging for a bit now (a week or two at least). My surname is wrong on the form though (they've put my partners surname) and the tel contact details are incomplete but hopefully these are things I can just edit myself. I seem to remember a similar problem with somebody elses med form recently so better do a search....
Congrats
Old Sep 17th 2005, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

[QUOTE=h_henry]
Originally Posted by hawkeye

Wow that was quick! Hope London office gets them processed as speedily for you! The price is good too - we're paying £220 each for the priv.
We first booked into oxford for the 29th Sept they also wanted £220 for meds, total was going to work out at £540. Cambridge was a total waste of time was going to have to split it into two visits no chance.

Hope you get your meds soon