Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Me and my Wife's profile - How to proceed!!!!

Me and my Wife's profile - How to proceed!!!!

Old May 14th 2015, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Abdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Me and my Wife's profile - How to proceed!!!!

Hit there Tirytory,

I know it seems low, I just dont know what to do anymore.

I am looking at the possibility of the PNP and doing some reading into that to see if we qualify for that.

I used to be a Financial Manager, and the NOC was 0111 I believe. But I am not working in the profession at the moment. I will obviously be trying to promote myself using that experience as that is what I have references for.

My wife and I are both also studying for the ACCA here in London, she is part qualified, and I have just started.

I am just thinking of the whole thing now and am more frightened than ever.

Any more ideas?

Aleem
Old May 14th 2015, 4:40 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abdul Aleem
Hit there Tirytory,

I know it seems low, I just dont know what to do anymore.

I am looking at the possibility of the PNP and doing some reading into that to see if we qualify for that.

I used to be a Financial Manager, and the NOC was 0111 I believe. But I am not working in the profession at the moment. I will obviously be trying to promote myself using that experience as that is what I have references for.

My wife and I are both also studying for the ACCA here in London, she is part qualified, and I have just started.

I am just thinking of the whole thing now and am more frightened than ever.
I'm no expert on this anymore, but we immigrated as accountants some years ago. This was at a qualified senior level and I know we wouldn't get pr now without a job offer so I would imagine as a pq acca you would almost certainly need a firm job offer and lmia thingy.
Any more ideas?

Aleem
O
Old May 14th 2015, 4:45 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
O
Sorry, can't type on this stupid phone. Just posted craps and had something sensible to say. we came over as accountants at a senior level some years ago and I know we wouldn't get innow without a job offer so I doubt you would get a visa as pq acca without a firm job offer and lmia to show. I don't think qualified accountants are even on the fsw list any more without a job offer. Someone more current than me can clarify with facts.
Good luck though.
Old May 14th 2015, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think qualified accountants are even on the fsw list any more without a job offer. Someone more current than me can clarify with facts.
There isn't a 'list' anymore, FSW is open to all skilled occupations.

HTH.
Old May 14th 2015, 5:55 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry I don't really know what to say. I know you must be very disappointed. I think you can explore all avenues to find a way into Canada but don't put life on hold where you live now waiting for it. Invest in where you are too and I don't mean in a monetary sense.

Who knows maybe the points threshold will drop low enough for you to have a shot but you do need to figure out what you are going to do for work out here too. It's all very well having PR but you do need a heck of a lot more than that too.
Old May 14th 2015, 6:25 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There isn't a 'list' anymore, FSW is open to all skilled occupations.

HTH.
I didn't know the. Thanks. Out of interest is qualified accountant still a skilled occupation? I know our pr wasn't conditional on a job offer. Would it be now? Does the op need a job offer, being objective?

Last edited by rivingtonpike; May 14th 2015 at 7:01 pm.
Old May 14th 2015, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kiki1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was studying ACCA in UK too and I am part qualified.
NOC 1111 states that you have to be Qualified accountant and be a member of Canadian Accountants association. Does this mean I can not use NOC 1111 then and I need to use 1311 instead (Accountant technician which do not require to be fully qualified). Even tho that my job and duties in UK were as Accountant....
I am confused.....
Old May 14th 2015, 6:56 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by Kiki1
NOC 1111 states that you have to be Qualified accountant and be a member of Canadian Accountants association. Does this mean I can not use NOC 1111 then and I need to use 1311 instead (Accountant technician which do not require to be fully qualified). Even tho that my job and duties in UK were as Accountant....
I am confused.....
No idea now. I do know that back in the day you had to be fully pfofessionally qualified to get the points towards the fsw cat 1 or visa. But since that route isn't the same anymore I have no.idea. Christmas will probably know and give you more up to date info.
Old May 15th 2015, 9:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know the. Thanks. Out of interest is qualified accountant still a skilled occupation? I know our pr wasn't conditional on a job offer. Would it be now? Does the op need a job offer, being objective?
Yes, it's still a skilled occupation. IMO, the OP wouldn't get an ITA on their current point score, so they need to find a way to boost it (a job offer being an obvious solution if they can find one).

Originally Posted by Kiki1
I am confused.....
If you're only part qualified, then I don't see how you can be eligible as an accountant? CIC won't accept people that are part qualified i.e. a plumber must be a fully qualified plumber, not somebody that is currently doing a plumbers apprenticeship.

So personally, yes I'd say that you need to apply under 1311, but might be worth double checking with an immi lawyer.

HTH.
Old May 15th 2015, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Abdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of lightAbdul Aleem is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there all,

Thanks for the valued feedback.

I shall go by the former name of 'Goddess' indeed you are right, I never claimed to be fully qualified by any account and therefore, of course did not categorise myself within that grouping. I worked as an account manager and IT project manager and have references to verify that. In the interim, as in now, I am studying for the ACCA, as it seems like a logical progression to go for this qualification since I have experience to back it up.

Furthermore Tirytory is right. I am heartset on the possibility of a move to Canada, but that is not the be all and end all of life. While it is true that it is an intent, a burning desire and ambition to be there, other factors of what will we do once we get there, etc financial support, jobs and the like are all valid factors of consideration. I must stress we are investing in ourselves both academically and professionally.

However, this return of documents has really sent us both back with a big blow.

We both still really want to do this and that's why we value the feedback and input of forum members who have done it and some who know other routes and possibilities.

I am sure that it is not the end just yet, and when it is, I guess we both have to accept it as it was not meant to be and maybe our calling is elsewhere.

But for the meantime, if anything I'm slowly recovering from this blow and trying to dust myself off and stand even taller.

Aleem and Iqra
Old May 15th 2015, 3:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

However, this return of documents has really sent us both back with a big blow.
I can totally understand that, and I find it slightly odd tbh - as your application was received before the end of the year. But all you can do is apply for EE (you may as well, you've got nothing to lose) and see if you get picked, perhaps whilst job hunting at the same time to increase your chances?

Best of luck to you.
Old May 15th 2015, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

If you're only part qualified, then I don't see how you can be eligible as an accountant? CIC won't accept people that are part qualified i.e. a plumber must be a fully qualified plumber, not somebody that is currently doing a plumbers apprenticeship.

So personally, yes I'd say that you need to apply under 1311, but might be worth double checking with an immi lawyer.

HTH.
Thanks. With accounts it's not that straight forward.... I am qualified accountant but just part qualified chartered certified accountant. I can work as accountant as I did in UK and keep progressing
Even some job bank adverts for Accountant position do not require to be fully qualified to do the job... But you are right- its better to be safe and go with technician NOC, anyway it is B category so qualify for EE.
Will apply for that s soon as I get my WES- it takes sooo long.....
Old May 15th 2015, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there all,

I am studying for the ACCA, as it seems like a logical progression to go for this qualification since I have experience to back it up.
Good luck!!!! I hope everything will work out!!!
Just keep in mind that ACCA is UK qualification and in Canada you will need to be CGA. I know that if you are fully qualified ACCA you can change it to CGA. I am trying to find out now if CGA will recognise ACCA exams I already passed and if not I will have two options to get fully qualified in CA- finish ACCA here as online courses and change to CGA (if possible) or start CGA from scratch
Old May 16th 2015, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there Kiki1,

Yes you are right. I have looked at the CGA option as well and we will have to go down that route if we are to become licenced to practice i Canada.

If Goddess is around, I just wanted to say that now that I have all the documents back and thank God that most are still valid , Police reports for my wife et al, I am going to be putting together an EE profile soon I hope.

Will keep you posted.

Looks like this is the only way.

Iqra