Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

May I pick up the PR Stamp at Buffalo

May I pick up the PR Stamp at Buffalo

Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default May I pick up the PR Stamp at Buffalo

First, I have not received the PP request yet but I still need to ask this question.

I am planning for potential scenarios. It might be the case that I have to return to my country before I get my PP Request. If that were the case, the next question answered by Buffalo consulate would apply to my case.

Question:

Will you send my immigrant visa to me in my home country?

Buffalo Answer:

We will only mail visas to addresses in the United States or Canada. If you live in another country, you must provide an address in the USA or Canada where the Consulate can mail your visas. Lawyers and consultants overseas must supply us with a Canadian or US address as well.

Does this means that I cannot go to the Buffalo consulate and provide my passport directly to them. The New York consulate provides the option of going personally with your passport and you get the stamp on the same day...isn't it the same case for Buffalo???

Thanks in advance

Does this means that I cannot go to the Buffalo consulate and provide my passport directly to them. The New York consulate provides the option of going personally with your passport and you get the stampt on the same day...isn't it the same case for Buffalo???
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May I pick up the PR Stamp at Buffalo

Originally posted by tsananez
Does this means that I cannot go to the Buffalo consulate and provide my passport directly to them. The New York consulate provides the option of going personally with your passport and you get the stampt on the same day...isn't it the same case for Buffalo???
There are a number of threads in the archive asking about going to Buffalo for visa stamp. IIRC the last one I read said that they dont do it the same day, but usually within a day or two, so you can stay in lovely Buffallo and wait.

Try searching in the archive for the thread using terms like "Bufallo Visa Stamp". It was about a month ago.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: May I pick up the PR Stamp at Buffalo

Originally posted by iaink
There are a number of threads in the archive asking about going to Buffalo for visa stamp. IIRC the last one I read said that they dont do it the same day, but usually within a day or two, so you can stay in lovely Buffallo and wait.

Try searching in the archive for the thread using terms like "Bufallo Visa Stamp". It was about a month ago.
Thanks