marriage of convenience

Old Sep 8th 2013, 5:16 am
Just Joined

salmaxt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default marriage of convenience

Hello,

I don't know if anybody can help my situation. Me, my son (from my first marriage) and my husband immigrated to Canada from Pakistan in March 2013. Me and my current husband were married in Pakistan in 2011. I am the primary applicant (Registered Nurse) under the Federal Skill Worker class immigration.

As soon as my husband recieved his PR and Health card couple of weeks ago, he has become very distant and is often verbally abusive to me and my son. I have decided to file for divorce. My question is can report him to CIC and can he be deported from Canada as this to me was a marriage of convenience for him to immigrate to canada.

Thankyou,
Salma
Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:23 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marriage of convenience

At the risk of sounding unsympathetic , why would you even want to go down that route ?
What will it gain you ?
From what you've said neither of you were Canadian citizens so its not like be found a cAnadian to marry to get a quick route in
Correct me if I'm wrong but you both emigrated here together and now that huge marriage hasn't worked out you'd like Canada to kick him out?

I'd be careful going down the marriage of convenience route. It usually takes two people to get married and you don't indicate you were forced into it.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:44 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to agree with Zoe. Hubby number two seems to have been duplicitous in his intentions, but perhaps you can view his "participation" as aiding your emigration effort and simply be rid of him. Getting some kind of revenge is not necessary.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:45 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to British Expats Salmaxt....perhaps you are correct and he used you to get to Canada. You say he is now 'distant' does that mean he is still with you?

A) neither you or your son have to put up with any physical or verbal abuse, you have recourse to assistance, there will be a multicultural centre or a women's support group of some sort near you, find out and get advice...fast.

B) is he working? If not, how is he supported? are you wanting him kicked out of the country because you want him gone from your life and don't know how to achieve this?

Maybe the shock of moving to Canada and the cultural differences are too much for him, you aren't going to know if you don't find out. Very best of luck.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Why waste your time reporting him? You would probably have to go through so much before they would act on what you are alleging...

If I was you I would just break up the relationship if that is what you want and then move on with your life...Life is definitely too short for lengthy battles as reporting him would no doubt be.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:44 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

So he moves to a new country and has some difficulties and you throw him under the bus within weeks/months?

Ok then...
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:44 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say just leave him be, and from what I've read they won't do a great deal about it anyway. Sounds like you just want to get some revenge
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:01 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with all said. Leave him and divorce him and leave it at that. Don't mess around with reporting him to any immigration officials. One thing I will say is do seek help if you/your son are being abused or are at risk of abuse from him. Don't worry about immigration (either your's, your son's or his) if you seek help, they are much more concerned about stopping any abuse.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

salmaxt is an unknown quantity at this point

Shard, what do you mean his particiaption aided my immigration effort?

It certainly is a cultural shock for him. I praise Canada, and the Western society in general, for imposing womens rights on men. It gives me comfort to know that it is considered a crime if a man hits or abuses his partner or children. I've lived too long in fear, not anymore.

Thanks everybody for your responses. Its not worth my time to have him kicked out.