Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

march2000 applicant- marraige experience info needed

march2000 applicant- marraige experience info needed

Old Feb 27th 2004, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Jax1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default march2000 applicant- marraige experience info needed

Hi Folks.
I applied in March 2002, from Buffalo. Got my assesment letter a few months after that, stating that I required an interview in LA.
In Oct, 2003, I received a letter from them(Buffalo), asking for current residential and employment information. I couriered them the letter, but have not heard from them since. I know they received it, as I checked with the tracking number provided by the courier. If choose to get married over the next couple of months, what would I have do do? I'm no longer in the US but have a 10 year US visa.. mywife to be has a Pakistani Passort (so I guess we'd have to apply to get her a US visa), When we get married do we immediately send her application to CIC, and then too, to which branch (CIC Buffalo seems logical as they;re still processing my info. running secuity checks)? Also,will CIC Buffallo accept my wife's application given that the rules have changed and tha one can only apply from the county of residence or origin?
Just one more question though how much longer will ourapplication take one I submiy my future wife;s application.
THanks.