Wikiposts

March 04 AOR people

Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future
Default Re: March 04 AOR people

I know........................... I keep expecting this thread to come to life with some 'Got it' posts.................the backlog must really have kicked in in February.

I emailed last month to ask if it was worth applying for a new work visa, they replied with a 'yes' and said our app will be IA'ed in the next 3 to 6 months.

Lets have a sweep on the date of the first March 'got it' post to this thread:

10th August..................... and don't try to pin me down to a year!!

Mike

Originally Posted by Bleech
My sense of smell must have stopped working

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Someone wake me up when it's all over
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:32 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Hi Mike!

What's the date of your AOR?
The reason I ask, is that their answer to me on June 20th, was that I'd hear from them shortly. Just wondering if their 'shortly' is more or less than your '3 to 6 months'.

I really hope something's happening soon... I'm going to Canada on holidays on Saturday, and had planned to spend a couple of days in Ottawa to look at apartments, and hopefully secure one for around September... Won't be doing that now, as I don't know whether I'll be there by September or March next year. Will have a great trip, camping around Nova Scotia, though!

Oh well.

Originally Posted by Mike1967
I know........................... I keep expecting this thread to come to life with some 'Got it' posts.................the backlog must really have kicked in in February.

I emailed last month to ask if it was worth applying for a new work visa, they replied with a 'yes' and said our app will be IA'ed in the next 3 to 6 months.

Lets have a sweep on the date of the first March 'got it' post to this thread:

10th August..................... and don't try to pin me down to a year!!

Mike
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

March 18th...................but it did specify an 18 months wait....

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Hi Mike!

The reason I ask, is that their answer to me on June 20th, was that I'd hear from them shortly. Just wondering if their 'shortly' is more or less than your '3 to 6 months'.

I really hope something's happening soon... I'm going to Canada on holidays on Saturday, and had planned to spend a couple of days in Ottawa to look at apartments, and hopefully secure one for around September... Won't be doing that now, as I don't know whether I'll be there by September or March next year. Will have a great trip, camping around Nova Scotia, though!

Oh well.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Have a good trip......... hopefully there will be some good news when you return!!

Hi Mike!

Oh well.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:21 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Aaaaaaaarghhhhh.... :scared:

I can't imagine another 3-6 months till IA...

Originally Posted by Mike1967
March 18th...................but it did specify an 18 months wait....
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:04 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

It may be cruel, but imagine what you would do if they said no! How would you react, what would you do? 18 months is a long time, but not out of the rest of your life. If you did not go to Canada what would you be doing instead?

Make your mind think of what plan "B" would be if any. Would you keep trying, carry on in UK as normal, move elsewhere abroad , or what?

I have created a plan "b" I dont particularly want to do it as my heart is already in Canada. I love the place. However, I found that if I looked at the alternatives some times they actually appeal!! I have actually looked at what I have already and do not take it for granted as much since I have found out how hard it is to be accepted , and employed in Canada for many, and it is no different to Uk in many ways, with regard to day to day living.

I have realised that we still do have a pretty good health service in UK, doctors are still readily available, and dentists to a point. If any one turns up at a hospital they do not ask for insurance documents first. Not everyone has to do their own self assesment every year as they do in Canada.
Houses last centuries without having to continually maintain, unlike Canada where its 20 years if your lucky. We dont live on a fault line, or risk earthquakes or Tsunamri's. We have some stunning scenery and beaches, and easy access to Europe for a few quid each way.

Since starting this whole immigration lark, and because of the awful things that have been going on in London last week. I have come to look at my life and what i have got in a whole knew light.

We are more than fortunate to own a house in Canada already,good jobs in UK, and have three happy healthy children, who we can be proud of and who have not turned into rebellious teenagers. They are wonderful and am very proud how they turned out, despite the yob culture we all hear about. Not all kids are like this.

Life is very short on the whole, half of mine is over already. I try not to think about the waiting process anymore and believe, all good things come to those who wait!!

Right after all that gushing crap . I have had enough, really enough it is torture to keep us waiting for a simple yes or no. My life was on hold my kids life and future is unsure, and i have spent thousand of pounds already in the Country, including flights too and fro. I am commited far more than many, and I LOVE THEY PLACE, we have made friends, have a home, and schools awaiting. Our house is cleared of all the rubbish we have acummulated and I am ready to go.................. please

Sorry feb AOR's us english are experts at jumoing queues and I dont care if I get in front this time....

Aaaaaaaarghhhhh.... :scared:

I can't imagine another 3-6 months till IA...
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gooding
It may be cruel, but imagine what you would do if they said no! How would you react, what would you do? 18 months is a long time, but not out of the rest of your life. If you did not go to Canada what would you be doing instead?
I've thought about that already. And I've thought about how long I want to stay in Canada, as I'm not sure I want to stay there for the rest of my life. And I know that as long as Norway doesn't recognize dual citizenship, I'll stay 'only' PR in Canada.

18 months is a long time, but it's not the amount of time that's making this hard, but the insecurity and inpredictability.
The people at work ask me for how long I'm staying with them, and I can't tell whether I'll be leaving in September or staying till March. My brother in law, who'll help me move my stuff to my mum's attic, wants to know, so he can make sure he has time off from work. I've resigned as an actor in my theatre group, because I can't commit to partake in everything the next half year. I've taken on teaching a course in October, making sure I have a collegue that can step in if I'm not there. My nephew was born just a couple of days ago, and I'm wondering if I'll be here for his christening.
All the little things like these are making life harder, but I know I'll get through it. It would've been easier, though, if I had a set date to relate to, no matter (almost) how long into the future.

Oh well... Can't do nothing but wait and see...
Old Jul 13th 2005, 8:43 am
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Nice posting today folks.
I was wondering who would kick it off again!
It is agony waiting at the moment and we are now facing sending our eldest off to Univerity in Canada in August. This is with mega international fees so this wait is costing in many ways. She deserves the chance though as she has worked for the place and is worth every penny.
We would go too if this house would sell!

The better half is going to dodge the bombs on Friday and queue up for the visa at CHC. If she can glean any information on timelines for PR then I'll let you know.....if you want to know that is
Old Jul 13th 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Crispie
If she can glean any information on timelines for PR then I'll let you know.....if you want to know that is
Yeah, please. Any information is better than no information...
Good luck!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Being a miserable sod I think that as many of us have been told 18 months wait since March 04...and we are not there yet the CHC are not doing anything they said they wouldn't. It can be frustrating though...god how frustrating!!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Being a miserable sod I think that as many of us have been told 18 months wait since March 04...and we are not there yet the CHC are not doing anything they said they wouldn't. It can be frustrating though...god how frustrating!!
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm AOR 13 Feb 04 and I haven't heard anything yet!!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Susie P. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooding
Sorry feb AOR's us english are experts at jumoing queues and I dont care if I get in front this time....
Get thee behind me!

We are Feb AOR's - we were told a 15-month wait, and finally...after about sixteen agonising months...we received our medical forms. I'd hoped that we would have our visas by now, and be moving out there in time for the start of the new school year! Oh well...

I've been told that the High Commission is generally taking the full three months to issue the visas after the medicals, so as we're taking ours tomorrow I guess we won't be getting the visas until October.

Susie
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h_henry
I like your signature, Gooding - "Even the dog's tired of waiting". We've been waiting so long that our dog's rabies vaccination will probably expire before we get there, so we'll have to get him done again. I can't believe we've still not got our medical request yet when many people with AOR's later than ours have got theirs - winge winge!! What is going on?
AOR 13 Feb 04 and we haven't heard anything either, h - as i said in another post, I think the staff at the London office have all gone back to Canada for the summer! Yeah, we're the same, others who have a later AOR have received their medical requests - complete bummer or what??
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:46 am

I've tried to stay busy with doing little things that are important, and which will make me feel like I'm actually doing something, instead of just hanging around the postbox, waiting for the postman to arrive. So today I got the results of my education evaluation in the mail from WES. Not a big thing, but at least now my potential Canadian employers will know what my education is equal to in Canada.
Once back after the holidays (touchdown Trudeau airport in 2 days 3 hours ), I'll start making my resume Canadian-looking. *grin*
And if the postman has delivered a nice envelope from Londonwhile I've been on holidays, I won't complain.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:03 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy your holiday in Canada Wannabe. I will also be going back to Canada next week. I am really nervous thinking what I will find when I open my mail. I will just drop my bags and run to see if I have the much anticipated brown envelope from London. I thought it was going well upto now (relatively!) but now after medicals, the fear kicked in. I live and work in Canada already and I can't imagine what I will do if they say no. I can't bear to think of a plan 'B'. Already bought a house, car - made lots of friends and I just love the place (even in the winter) so it would be a real bummer if they prolong the suffering any longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.