Wikiposts

March 04 AOR people

Old May 15th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: March 04 AOR people

Anyone aware if they update e-client when they send out medical requests then we will know when to mug the Postman sorry Post Pearson
Old May 16th 2005, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: March 04 AOR people

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Anyone aware if they update e-client when they send out medical requests then we will know when to mug the Postman sorry Post Pearson
Mike,

Our eclient status has not changed and we have our med requests. Just think of it as more of a surprise when it actually does drop onto the door mat!
Old May 16th 2005, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: March 04 AOR people

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hi, glad you could join us!
Are you an expert at making windows for churches, ........or a barmaid!?!?
Oh ! good joke, when I eventually worked it out ! Little slow on logic of jokes sorry, my husband is even worse, I had to explain it to him, so no hope there. Thanks everyone for the kind welcome, I can see I need to keep my whit's about me with you lot. 18 months wait we were given. Off to do a factfinding mission in two weeks, or perhaps you would call it a crazy road trip.
Old May 16th 2005, 4:46 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
Oh ! good joke, when I eventually worked it out ! Little slow on logic of jokes sorry, my husband is even worse, I had to explain it to him, so no hope there. Thanks everyone for the kind welcome, I can see I need to keep my whit's about me with you lot. 18 months wait we were given. Off to do a factfinding mission in two weeks, or perhaps you would call it a crazy road trip.
No problem! Nice to have you here.
For a moment I thought I heard someone shout 'Taxi for Bleech'

I take it you're heading out to Vancouver Island? It's a lovelly place. We did investigate it as a possible destination, but alas my only skill in life is IT (and bad jokes!) and it's not great for my line of work which is a shame. I expect you can go to most places though with a skill like yours?
Old May 16th 2005, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: March 04 AOR people

No problem! Nice to have you here.
For a moment I thought I heard someone shout 'Taxi for Bleech'

I take it you're heading out to Vancouver Island? It's a lovelly place. We did investigate it as a possible destination, but alas my only skill in life is IT (and bad jokes!) and it's not great for my line of work which is a shame. I expect you can go to most places though with a skill like yours?
Oh no, you are scaring me, we are both IT also, are there no jobs on Vancouver Island for IT ? Accountancy will do me also, stained glass is just a sideline, it only usually pays around £1 an hour, I find no-one wants to pay for craftsmanship in the UK. Where are the best places for IT ? My husband is in Senior Management IT/Consultancy with 24 years of hands on experience also. Any ideas where are the best areas excluding Eastern Canada ?
Old May 16th 2005, 5:05 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Uh ho, sorry I didn't mean to scare you
I.T is such a huge area and I only investigated it for my line of work which is programming, C/C++/UNIX mainly.
There was a little bit around Victoria, but I just didnt want to take the risk.
If you look around the forum you could get quite depressed about the lack of IT work in Canada, it's not good. But people have succeeded in finding jobs out there, but a lot have struggled. From what I read it's all about who you know, not what!
I'm fairly lucky because I can keep my current contract when I get out there (working from home), but it's only temperary. I plan to work 3 days a week on this contract, then volunteer for 2 days a week for another company. It's just a way for me to find contacts and have a little bit of (here comes another phrase you'll hear a lot of) 'Canadian experience'. If it works then great, but if not then I'll try something completely different.
I think Toronto is a good place for IT work and from what I can see Calgary is about the best you can get on the West side(ish). You may still come up against employers not recognising UK experience, UK qualifications & all asking for Canadian experience though, which is something I'm bracing myself for. I wouldnt of known about any of these things if I hadn't of found this place! So even though it's not good to know, it's good to know (err if you know what I mean!!)
Old May 16th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Glani is an unknown quantity at this point

It's getting closer!!! What do you think? Next 3 months??
I'm getting scared!! :scared:
Bleech, hang on in thier, we have just recd our med reqs and are only a few weeks before you with our AOR - my friend got her AOR 3 days before us and recd her med reqs mid Jan this year !! but some others are quicker, guess it just depends on if you got the lazy clerk or not......
We went to the Emigrate Show and I waited an hour to speak to the embassy staff, eventually I got some guy that looked all of 12, Itold him our situation and he said quite plainly oh right so you should get a decision in the summer of 2006 !!!!! I nearly died, when I picked myseld up from the floor I had to ask him if he had only just started work at the embassy ( little bit sarcastic I know ) but he was quite certain it would be next year. So if that's what they have representing the staff of the embassy can you imagine what's going in in the office.

Fingers crossed you'll have it soon

Keep your chin up.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Glani is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Gas, ive just checked mine and its still saying the same old thing IN PROGRESS

Cant wait to see it change, just so I know it does work !!
Old May 16th 2005, 8:04 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I was told that often the people made to go to these immigration fairs are clerks or any staff they can get to volunteer to give up their weekend! I don't honesty think many of the people that are involved with the final processing could be arsed to sit for three days over the weekend to repeat themselves to every potential immigration enquiry they get.
I go to a different type of trade fair and we can even hire staff to hand out literature and answer the same questions every one asks. I expect he was given a sheet to read from and relays this to all who ask.
Great news about your medicals good luck

QUOTE=Glani]Bleech, hang on in thier, we have just recd our med reqs and are only a few weeks before you with our AOR - my friend got her AOR 3 days before us and recd her med reqs mid Jan this year !! but some others are quicker, guess it just depends on if you got the lazy clerk or not......
We went to the Emigrate Show and I waited an hour to speak to the embassy staff, eventually I got some guy that looked all of 12, Itold him our situation and he said quite plainly oh right so you should get a decision in the summer of 2006 !!!!! I nearly died, when I picked myseld up from the floor I had to ask him if he had only just started work at the embassy ( little bit sarcastic I know ) but he was quite certain it would be next year. So if that's what they have representing the staff of the embassy can you imagine what's going in in the office.

Fingers crossed you'll have it soon

Keep your chin up.[/QUOTE]
Old May 29th 2005, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Anybody have any news yet, boy this waiting is driving mad
Old May 29th 2005, 4:58 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

No we havent either. I have actually taken a decision to forget about it recently. Keeping evry busy work wise, and cant believe it is June in a couple of days. Where has the last 18 months gone? Just booked to go back in 3 weeks to do a spot of gardening, so that is keeping me going. Helps to have a home there as I look forward to going, but it has been an expensive year going to and fro.
Looking to buy a car this time, as I we have spent a fortune hiring between us and family, thought it easier to buy.
It is my birthday today, and I am sure the card from CHC with med requests will arrive on Tuesday due to the Bank Holiday!! ( yeh right!!)

Anybody have any news yet, boy this waiting is driving mad
Old May 29th 2005, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Gooding now that’s what ill call a birthday present

Old May 29th 2005, 8:35 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Happy Birthday, Gooding!
Here's to you getting a belated birthday present on Tuesday!
Old May 30th 2005, 10:00 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also March 15 AOR (London). I got documents asking to update my situation (now I have 1 year of Canadian experience so asked for my tax returns and pay slips etc). That seemed to move things a bit and got Medical request in April which I did and sent (hopefully by the doctor office!) in May and now waiting the outcome.

I also know of a colleague (Feb 04 AOR) who got asked for medicals - so hang in there, the end is near! good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:19 am
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Sorry to post in a more negative vain.
I have just got back from the CHC in London after waiting in line for 5 hours (inside and outside the building) we got to speak with an officer.
Boy are they busy at the moment! 500 applications a month.
We needed to know whether to pursue a student application in order to get us in for this September. The answer is a definite yes and we should only hope for a PR decision by the end of the year
That is to say that we may be months rather than weeks away from an interview or medical request!
Maybe she was over pessimistic but I didn't get that impression.
So sorry to bear this news and I really hope that others hear some good news or that the timescales suit others better!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.