March 04 AOR people

Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:27 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: March 04 AOR people

Thanks, EBEA, I will! :-) 1 day 21 hours 39 minutes till touchdown. :-)
I'll be camping around NS and PEI with some friends - a great time will be had!

Good luck - fingers are crossed that your PPR will be waiting for you!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TrishB
AOR 13 Feb 04 and we haven't heard anything either, h - as i said in another post, I think the staff at the London office have all gone back to Canada for the summer! Yeah, we're the same, others who have a later AOR have received their medical requests - complete bummer or what??

Yeah, it makes you wonder what's going on. After watching a bit of Channel 4 "Dispatches" program on the inside goings on of the Royal Mail, I think they should do their next program on CIC London - although depending on what they found, it might make the wait even more agonising!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Mr flibble is a jewel in the roughMr flibble is a jewel in the roughMr flibble is a jewel in the roughMr flibble is a jewel in the roughMr flibble is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone nice to meet you all, great forum!

Went to CHC London end of June 2005, was quoted up to 6 months for the next stage eg IA/meds (initially quoted 18 months on AOR card which i rec early March 04). On a happy note there a few more Feb 04 Aor MEDS popping up. So i'm guessing mid August for us..?????

Apparently the staff at CHC - London are not on summer holiday just busy with summer holiday visa processing, may explain lack of meds.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info...................... and welcome this long running thread!!

Mike

Originally Posted by Mr flibble
Hi everyone nice to meet you all, great forum!

Went to CHC London end of June 2005, was quoted up to 6 months for the next stage eg IA/meds (initially quoted 18 months on AOR card which i rec early March 04). On a happy note there a few more Feb 04 Aor MEDS popping up. So i'm guessing mid August for us..?????

Apparently the staff at CHC - London are not on summer holiday just busy with summer holiday visa processing, may explain lack of meds.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

HI There seem to be quite a lot of late February AOR getting medical requests in the last week so hopefully soon I fault I read some ware that CHC worked on date received rather than date AOR but not sure . I’m off to Canada Thursday for a month so hoping to have that brown envelope on my doorstep when we return . When they send your medical requests do they update your e client in any way so you would know if Royal Mail lose it in the post must be getting paranoid.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi
I am also March 04 AOR applicatnt
my timeline - signature
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:14 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
HI There seem to be quite a lot of late February AOR getting medical requests in the last week so hopefully soon I fault I read some ware that CHC worked on date received rather than date AOR but not sure . I’m off to Canada Thursday for a month so hoping to have that brown envelope on my doorstep when we return . When they send your medical requests do they update your e client in any way so you would know if Royal Mail lose it in the post must be getting paranoid.
No they don't.
The next status is "decision made" which can only be after you have "passed" yor medicals. Just enjoy your holiday......I hope you don't detect my jealous undertones

My wife was at the CHC last Friday. Processing time for standard skilled workers with AOR in mid March people is likely to take to the end of the year. But they are very non commital as each case is on it's own merit.
They were very friendly and very busy.
The length of time is purely down to the numer of applications and not becuase they have holidays.

Good luck with the wait folks. Maybe the exchange rate will be better by the end of the year
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:01 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bleech
I'm going through a very wierd patch at the moment. I just can't be bothered with it anymore , sometimes I dont think I'd even be worried if it was a 'No Chance' response from CHC. Dont know why I'm feeling like this as I've always been so wired about the whole thing, checking Eclient everyday, scanning Sky and if the word 'Canada' is mentioned I'd record it (I've watched some terrible things in the last 2 years ), now I just can't be arsed. I've even listened to awfull bands just because they Canadian!!
I really hope it's just a phase and I'm putting it down to the length of the process and the countless "Have you heard anything yet? Still not? Why does it take so long? Blimey they let anyone in over here blah blah blah" same old same, monotenous bored dull routine. Also the negative job prospects & posts on here get me down.
Is anyone else like this? Or has anyone been through this? Hopefully it's just a phase, but Elton Johns Mum said "it's just a phase"
I think I need another Rec trip.
Bleech - please don't despair! This is a normal reaction. I went through exactly the same thing as you and it was just after getting over this phase that I decided to go down the Study Permit route. Once we got the SP's it was all systems go and I moved with all the animals to Canada 3 days after being given SP's!!! Have never looked back and once in Canada I knew we were safe for 3 years so PR could take as long as it liked from that moment on. Funnily enough - it was at that point that things moved very quickly and PR arrived and there was no great frenzy or jumping for joy but there was relief that our epic journey was over. Keep your chin up - you'll get here in the end.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:00 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

How's it going, fellow waiting Marchies?
Is it only me, or is time moving slower now that we're (hopefully!) getting very close to receiving our med requests?
It seems as if the early Marchies have been getting theirs aaaages ago...

I'm taking some action now - can't bear to just sit around and wait, so I've started packing my books and other things that'are going into storage (at my mum's attic ). I can't believe the amount of 'stuff' in my tiny flat, it has multiplied when I haven't been looking, I think - much like the dust bunnies I'm keeping.

Here's to the rest of us getting the brown envelope today or on Monday! I'm going out to check my mail now...
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:58 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Bleech - please don't despair! This is a normal reaction. I went through exactly the same thing as you and it was just after getting over this phase that I decided to go down the Study Permit route. Once we got the SP's it was all systems go and I moved with all the animals to Canada 3 days after being given SP's!!! Have never looked back and once in Canada I knew we were safe for 3 years so PR could take as long as it liked from that moment on. Funnily enough - it was at that point that things moved very quickly and PR arrived and there was no great frenzy or jumping for joy but there was relief that our epic journey was over. Keep your chin up - you'll get here in the end.
Hi!
Sorry I missed your reply, not like me
Thanks for the support, I'm feeling a lot more confident these days, reading back I must of posted that on one of my downers!!
I'm still waiting for my meds (or rejection!!!!!!!! :scared: ) I'm March 18th, so maybe I might hear something within the next 6 months
I can hear everyone laughing behind my back now when they ask if I've heard anything yet, either that or I'm getting more paranoid by the day.
Anyone else had any contact yet?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road

Hi, don't despair, we had ours around a week ago, and our AOR is 9th March, so I am sure you will get yours this week. They asked us to resubmit loads of documents also, police checks, proof of funds, p60's, current cv, and a strange thing called a military service certificate, but no military career here, so who knows where that came from. So fingers crossed, this should be your week

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hi!
Sorry I missed your reply, not like me
Thanks for the support, I'm feeling a lot more confident these days, reading back I must of posted that on one of my downers!!
I'm still waiting for my meds (or rejection!!!!!!!! :scared: ) I'm March 18th, so maybe I might hear something within the next 6 months
I can hear everyone laughing behind my back now when they ask if I've heard anything yet, either that or I'm getting more paranoid by the day.
Anyone else had any contact yet?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Just checking out some of the posts as we are still at the deciding stage. Taking a trip to check things out next year. Does it really take 3 years? That seems like a lifetime away and we haven't even started the process yet.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:39 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

It seems strange to post into this thread again.
We seem to have achieved the impossible and got our application into some unprecedented fast track. Our case was taken on board as we have two in the family starting university courses.
March is the month of the moment though and so good luck and to all waiting so painfully.
Not to brag but in the space of 4 weeks we got medical requests, medicals done, passport requests and 6 visas. We ship and fly this week and arrive the day of university registrations! I will never hear a bad word said against the CHC staff......but then again I do feel a bit a special case

It is not all plain sailing for us though as we leave our house unsold and waiting for the first of either a buyer or a letting. Also I will be starting my own home finishing business when I arrive so plenty to worry about with uni fees to fund and very little up front capital. Yikes!

Good luck guys and see you on the other side of the pond
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Reeneg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike1967
This has to be the worst time in the whole process................. so many things start to play with your mind!!

Our AOR was 18th March..................... wouldn't it be great if the e-client could say 'You are number xxx in the queue' or 'Your file has now been put on Joe Blow's desk.................take cover!!'

We are in Canada at the moment on a visa that expires at the end of October, so we are starting to look at getting a new visa after that, just in case.......................... only trouble is our visa is not extendable so we have to go through HRDC.

It would be good to keep this thread alive to see how things go.............any Feb AOR people about with any news?

Mike

Yep, FEB 26 04 AOR and still waiting, ordered caips 6 weeks ago, still waiting...what is going on there???. when is a visit to the embassy reasonable??
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:44 pm
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, PPR request today!! It has been a long wait but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope all March 04 AOR people have got their visas and are now in Canada. They timed it well as my temporary worker visa was due to expire in the summer!

Off to have some