British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

travel Apr 22nd 2012 5:29 am

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10017156)
Hello all, nice to be back at the forum. So much has happened since my last update and want to say a big thank you for all the well wishes concerning my invitation to apply letter after my EV trip. I have been working on filing my online application which I just completed some few hours ago

Got an acknowledgement immediately with a note that I will get a file number within 48 hours (Tuesday hopefully if there are no technical issues and pray there wouldn't by God's grace).

Was that your experience lovely_clouds, New_Start, etc?

@NostalgiaLava: How far with your application? Hope you are on track on submitting it online. All the best.

@lovely_clouds: nice to have you back and hope your nomination comes out quickly since it is expected between 2-3 months and you have already marked 2 months waiting.

@travel: all what lovely_clouds mentioned is just fine to go with your application. On the airline booking you need to work with your travel agent. What I did was to book for a flight with an option to change it if need be and my travel agent got something like that for me. Talk to a travel agent they know what to work out something for you.

Regards.

Thanks Dammy, I am doing exactly that with my travel agent :) , hopefully something should work out.

New_Start Apr 23rd 2012 1:41 am

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10016704)
Aaah.. technical difficulties. I do hope our application is not hampered with it :(

Hey Ilse, its 2 months exact since we submitted our PNP application online. do you think we should send a warm email to officers .. just checking that things are ok with our application?

Hope PN approval letter come soon for all of us.:thumbsup:

Dammy Apr 23rd 2012 6:49 am

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10020341)
Hope PN approval letter come soon for all of us.:thumbsup:

New_Start: When did you apply online for MPNP nomination letter?

New_Start Apr 23rd 2012 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10020525)
New_Start: When did you apply online for MPNP nomination letter?

application submitted on Apr. 09, file number received on Apr. 18

Dammy Apr 23rd 2012 8:07 am

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10020571)

All the best.:thumbsup:

lovely_clouds Apr 24th 2012 4:10 am

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10020571)

Hey new_start ... So you also got your file number. Hopefully the gentle reminder to immigration officials worked. Now, let's just wait on PNP now.

@nostalgiaLava, did you submit your online PNP already??

New_Start Apr 24th 2012 4:26 am

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10022173)
Hey new_start ... So you also got your file number. Hopefully the gentle reminder to immigration officials worked. Now, let's just wait on PNP now.

Thanks, actually they send me the file number before I send them anything, so patience is needed.:thumbsup:

Milano97 Apr 24th 2012 4:32 am

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10022173)

@All

Hey guys
I have started my exploratory visit. I arrived in Winnipeg yesterday(Sunday). I am staying at a friend's place near downtown. Weather is superb. Better than Europe. Its quite sunny here. But I heard that in Dec/Jan It was like -40 C. I roamed around downtown area, assembly building, Osborne village area, West end etc. Today I went to Manitoba START office, Tourism office, immigrant center. I also met some new immigrants who have arrived here with PR status. Tomorrow I will visit to some offices where I will look for employment opportunities. Manitobians are very friendly and nice people.

Thats all for now.
Later
A

New_Start Apr 24th 2012 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Milano97 (Post 10022211)
@All

Hey guys
I have started my exploratory visit. I arrived in Winnipeg yesterday(Sunday). I am staying at a friend's place near downtown. Weather is superb. Better than Europe. Its quite sunny here. But I heard that in Dec/Jan It was like -40 C. I roamed around downtown area, assembly building, Osborne village area, West end etc. Today I went to Manitoba START office, Tourism office, immigrant center. I also met some new immigrants who have arrived here with PR status. Tomorrow I will visit to some offices where I will look for employment opportunities. Manitobians are very friendly and nice people.

Thats all for now.
Later
A

Good luck and enjoy!

Gustekp Apr 24th 2012 2:12 pm

Hi all,

I am about sending my interest letter and I need a confirmation of the on line email address.Secondly,what if am finding it difficult to attach my resume ,can I send individually while quoting my name as the subject matter.

Thanks

Dammy Apr 24th 2012 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Milano97 (Post 10022211)
@All

Hey guys

Thats all for now.
Later
A

@Milano97: Enjoy :):D:thumbsup:

Dammy Apr 24th 2012 4:44 pm

@Milano97: Enjoy :):D:thumbsup:

mtbiker Apr 25th 2012 1:43 am

Hi Milano97, may you find good employment opportunities there. Enjoy and have a fruitful vacation!

Hi Gustekp, I think sending the MPNP-EV an individual email per attachment is not the best option you want to do. Because they must be receiving tons of applications daily from different parts of the world and if you send your application one by one, your email might be scattering all over their inbox making all your emails difficult to find. Try to send just one email containing the letter of intent together with all the information they want to know about you and your spouse.

What I did here was I put the biodata (me and spouse) and scanned documents in one MS Word file. Then I converted to Adobe PDF file. (To do this, from MS Word, go to File > Print > Printer Option (Choose Adobe PDF) > Press Okay). Limit your total file size up to 2megabytes only so to avoid sending failure.

Have a good and godly day everyone!

MTBiker

Milano97 Apr 25th 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by mtbiker (Post 10023780)
Hi Milano97, may you find good employment opportunities there. Enjoy and have a fruitful vacation!

Hi Gustekp, I think sending the MPNP-EV an individual email per attachment is not the best option you want to do. Because they must be receiving tons of applications daily from different parts of the world and if you send your application one by one, your email might be scattering all over their inbox making all your emails difficult to find. Try to send just one email containing the letter of intent together with all the information they want to know about you and your spouse.

What I did here was I put the biodata (me and spouse) and scanned documents in one MS Word file. Then I converted to Adobe PDF file. (To do this, from MS Word, go to File > Print > Printer Option (Choose Adobe PDF) > Press Okay). Limit your total file size up to 2megabytes only so to avoid sending failure.

Have a good and godly day everyone!

MTBiker

@Dammy, Mtbiker, New_Start- Today I went again to Immigrant center to learn about settlement process, MPNP application process etc. I also went to some company offices through some references provided by friends. Potential employers are willing to give time to you. They were also telling about need of skilled immigrants for growth of Manitoba. Having said that, to land up a good job, Canadian qualification / experience is highly desirable. Some employers may also say that they are looking for people with work permits/PR. So far so good. Overall I have liked Winnipeg & Manitobians very much.

Milano97 Apr 25th 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Milano97 (Post 10023830)
@Dammy, Mtbiker, New_Start- Today I went again to Immigrant center to learn about settlement process, MPNP application process etc. I also went to some company offices through some references provided by friends. Potential employers are willing to give time to you. They were also telling about need of skilled immigrants for growth of Manitoba. Having said that, to land up a good job, Canadian qualification / experience is highly desirable. Some employers may also say that they are looking for people with work permits/PR. So far so good. Overall I have liked Winnipeg & Manitobians very much.

@Dammy, Mtbiker, New_Start- Thanks guys!!!