Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

manila applicants... we got our meds sched. in February 2005

manila applicants... we got our meds sched. in February 2005

Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

mcdo_60102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default manila applicants... we got our meds sched. in February 2005

hello manilans.... soon to be canadians.

we received a letter which requires us, my family (skilled worker category), to undergo medicals on or before the end of February. I'm currently 5 1/2 months pregnant and hoping to complete medicals in June (since i can't have an x-ray).

I just wanted to know if ever granted a visa, until when it is valid? Is it valid within one year from the date of the medical exam or 6 months from the date the visa was issued?

How can i expiadite my newborn's birth certificate nso copy and passport? (well, we all know the delays in our gov't agencies)
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

mcdo_60102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: manila applicants... we got our meds sched. in February 2005

Originally Posted by mcdo_60102

we received a letter which requires us, my family (skilled worker category), to undergo medicals on or before the end of February. I'm currently 5 1/2 months pregnant and hoping to complete medicals in June (since i can't have an x-ray).

I just wanted to know if ever granted a visa, until when it is valid? Is it valid within one year from the date of the medical exam or 6 months from the date the visa was issued?

How can i expiadite my newborn's birth certificate nso copy and passport? (well, we all know the delays in our gov't agencies)

my husband as the principal applicant applied in August 2001. waived interview and already paid landing fee of P87, 750.00 for both of us.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:02 am
Just Joined

samm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcdo_60102

Yes, Manila is rolling eh? :-)

Call NSO Manila hotline at 7371111 for more information. They will advise you on how to expedite processing your newborn's birth certificate.

Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mcdo,

Visa validity is valid one year from the date of your medicals. As for your question regarding how to expedite NSO processing, I've sent you a repy in your post "mommy pregnant". BTW, you can also try filing for "early endorsement" at the NSO. This basically means that you get a copy of your baby's birth cert from the municipal/city hall, then you go to the NSO office in Quezon Avenue (the one in Vibal Bldg) where there is an "Early Endorsement Window". But, I still believe that getting a copy printed on SECPA will be your better--and faster--choice.

good luck!

stillw8ng