Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mailing PR application without police certificates

Mailing PR application without police certificates

Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Ana_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mailing PR application without police certificates

I'm applying under the "Live-in Caregiver" category and will have completed 24 months of work by November 1st. I will be doing the medical exams this week and have all the documents needed, except for the RCMP and the Brazilian police certificates, which I expect to have by December at the latest.

My question is: since the whole process takes at least 6 months according to the CIC website, can I apply on November 1st and submit the police certificates in December? Would that speed up the process or won't they even look at my application if it's not complete, in which case I should just send everything in December?

Thanks in advance,

Ana
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:03 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mailing PR application without police certificates

Nobody will look at the application (CPC Vegreville won't even open mail) until application is ready to be processed. Wait for Brazilian police certificate or waste more time than you are trying to save. RCMP will submit clearance directly to CIC.

Originally Posted by Ana_25
I'm applying under the "Live-in Caregiver" category and will have completed 24 months of work by November 1st. I will be doing the medical exams this week and have all the documents needed, except for the RCMP and the Brazilian police certificates, which I expect to have by December at the latest.

My question is: since the whole process takes at least 6 months according to the CIC website, can I apply on November 1st and submit the police certificates in December? Would that speed up the process or won't they even look at my application if it's not complete, in which case I should just send everything in December?

Thanks in advance,

Ana