Lost & Confused

Old May 16th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

toffeetreacle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost & Confused

Hi
We received our letter of nomination from Halifax in January but my husband had to apply for criminal rehabilitation (fined 18 years ago). Posted that in January & our perm res application in February. We haven't heard anything, not even an acknowledgment from them, is this normal?

We are flying to N.S end of July for approx 4months, how do I let London know we are out of the UK? If we do hear from London regarding medicals can we have them done in N.S.?

Been advised by Halifax that I can apply for a work permit for the business we are hoping to set up, do I do this in UK or NS
Old May 16th 2008, 6:03 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost & Confused

I think I would have included the rehabilitation documents with the application. You can fax the CHC with your temporary address in Nova Scotia but expect any correspondence to go to your UK? address so arrange for someone to forward any correspondence to you. IF the medical instructions arrive in time you can certainly take it there in NS. Apply for WP in London.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Yes I would have liked to send all paperwork together but had to prove to Halifax that I had applied for OH criminal rehabilitation before they would issue our letter of nomination. Do you think this is a bad sign?

My friend is renting our house whilst we are in NS so can keep us informed of any mail.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Wish I had a crystal ball :
Old May 16th 2008, 7:10 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I would not expect real problems with acceptance but rehab is not fast and requires so-called full background checks which can be lengthy. You should be patient.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I would not expect real problems with acceptance but rehab is not fast and requires so-called full background checks which can be lengthy. You should be patient.
Jim thanks for putting my mind at rest.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember previous threads on here that made the point that if someone is criminally inadmissible to Canada, this also applies to admission to Canada as a tourist.

Accepting that generally this wouldn't be picked up on at the airport and people have taken the risk and got in before, but having applied for criminal rehabilitation and submitted PR application, would that not highlight the fact to the authorities and make you more likely to be turned away?

I do remember that Andrew Miller seemed knowledgeable about this in the past so maybe he will be along later to clarify, or you cold PM him.