Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Looking for some basic information.

Looking for some basic information.

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Danbroco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for some basic information.

Hi! I'm new to these forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place, etc. I have had a read of a few of the tagged posts but thought it would be easier to ask all of my questions in a single thread as I couldn't find answers to some of them.

Firstly;

What are the basic requirements for moving to Canada? I have read that you must have a certain amount of funds among other things?

I was also wondering if it is possible to move without the 'Express Entry' that I keep seeing when I check my eligibility as I am not in one of those fields, I have been in education my whole life and have never had a full time job. In addition to this, is there any sort of apprenticeship program which would allow me to move?

I realise I haven't provided much information but if there is anything anyone needs to know before answering the questions, please ask away!
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:40 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some basic information.

Originally Posted by Danbroco
Hi! I'm new to these forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place, etc. I have had a read of a few of the tagged posts but thought it would be easier to ask all of my questions in a single thread as I couldn't find answers to some of them.

Firstly;

What are the basic requirements for moving to Canada? I have read that you must have a certain amount of funds among other things?

I was also wondering if it is possible to move without the 'Express Entry' that I keep seeing when I check my eligibility as I am not in one of those fields, I have been in education my whole life and have never had a full time job. In addition to this, is there any sort of apprenticeship program which would allow me to move?

I realise I haven't provided much information but if there is anything anyone needs to know before answering the questions, please ask away!
If you are 30 or under you can apply fir an IEC Visa, which allows you up to 2 years of working over here. They are very popular and are snapped up almost immediately each year.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:52 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The second round is being released on April 7th - we don't know if there will be a third round yet. If you are 30 or under, have a read of the IEC 2015 thread (quite a large thread)
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Danbroco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, I will likely be looking to apply next year instead, I don't have the money at the minute but I should be able to get a job straight out of university and raise the funds in time for next year. Thanks for the info, I will take a look at the thread!
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 10:00 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danbroco
Thanks guys, I will likely be looking to apply next year instead, I don't have the money at the minute but I should be able to get a job straight out of university and raise the funds in time for next year. Thanks for the info, I will take a look at the thread!
Be aware that immigration are looking at cutting the quotas for IEC for most of the countries (not sure yet if UK is included) so it may be in even more demand next year
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Unless they have changed it you also have a year to activate your visa from the date you were approved, so I guess you could apply next round and possibly snag a visa and not activate it until a year from now.