Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Looking for immgration service in the UK to help people move out to Canada

Looking for immgration service in the UK to help people move out to Canada

Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

mark_in_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for immgration service in the UK to help people move out to Canada

I've been living in Canada for almost 7 years now, and I've convinced my cousin, his girlfriend, and their son that they should move out here too (they're both fed up of the UK).

Can anyone recommend an immigration service business (situated in the UK) that can help in getting UK citizens into Canada, possibly also help in finding work for my cousin and his girlfriend.

Any other help and advice would also be very welcome.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:17 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for immgration service in the UK to help people move out to Canada

Why in UK? Read here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...paid-reps.html

Note that only Canadian citizens and PR can be members of CSIC or Law Society in Canada. You may find some middle-men in UK claiming to be associated with authorized representative in Canada - but all what they can legally do is to put you in contact with such representative, they cannot consult, advise, assess or take money from you. They can only assist in communication between you and authorized representative. Why bother then with middle-men?

Originally Posted by mark_in_2k
I've been living in Canada for almost 7 years now, and I've convinced my cousin, his girlfriend, and their son that they should move out here too (they're both fed up of the UK).

Can anyone recommend an immigration service business (situated in the UK) that can help in getting UK citizens into Canada, possibly also help in finding work for my cousin and his girlfriend.

Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:47 pm
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future
Default Re: Looking for immgration service in the UK to help people move out to Canada

Pahl & Associates

http://www.visa2canada.com

Have recently set up an office in London, England. They are fully qualified CSIS and Law society registered.

I found Balvinder Pahl to be excellent throughtout my application.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Why bother paying when you can do it yourself, if you read it try to complete it get stuck!

then write on this forum, hey presto someone gives you an answer and you carry on till completing

saving yourself time and money, like most of us did

Trust me its a lot less hassle and it doesnt tke that long only to collect the information which you will have to do anyway! ie medicals and security checks
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by matty266
Why bother paying when you can do it yourself, if you read it try to complete it get stuck!

then write on this forum, hey presto someone gives you an answer and you carry on till completing

saving yourself time and money, like most of us did

Trust me its a lot less hassle and it doesnt tke that long only to collect the information which you will have to do anyway! ie medicals and security checks
Yea second do it yourselves only you will have the information required anyway not a difficult process unless you have unusual circumstances etc.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Whilst the first and second replys above are very helpful, they are from persons seeking your business, for themselves, or to link you to others that are!
The www has opened up things in such away that YOU and your family members CAN do it without PAYED HELP.
Check out the Provincial Government Nominee Programmes, not all have one, but those that do, appear, and in the case of NB, are generous.
Enter into your search engine - the prov. government name and the words nominee programme.

Last edited by steve of 5-0; Sep 23rd 2005 at 11:36 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

mark_in_2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Whilst the first and second replys above are very helpful, they are from persons seeking your business, for themselves, or to link you to others that are!
The www has opened up things in such away that YOU and your family members CAN do it without PAYED HELP.
Check out the Provincial Government Nominee Programmes, not all have one, but those that do, appear, and in the case of NB, are generous.
Enter into your search engine - the prov. government name and the words nominee programme.
Thanks everyone for the advice, and thanks to you Steve for your tip! I'll be sure to pass this info onto my cousin!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:38 pm
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

Steve.

I will warn you just once. Don't assume you know anything about me, my business or posts I enter on this forum.

The question was, can you recommend..... Not should I or must I. Do you actually read the question or just make up what you want to read?

I recommended a lawyer because of one reason only. I used him, he was good and certainly good enough to recommend when somebody asks.

I am not an immigration lawyer or consultant, and don't pretend to be, and I certainly do not get anything out of recommending.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:23 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

I used a consultant based in the UK.

Though I agree with others you can do it yourself I found that for me it was very useful....though I had a straight forward case and could have done it myself.....i felt it was easier to get a professional to present my file in a way they know works.

I am self employed and worked out that the hours I will spend putting things together was not worth it....I was better off doing what I'm good at and get paid and let the consultants do what they are good at and pay them for the peace of mind rather than worry for the next 3 years whether my application was submitted to the best it could.

Happy to refer the consultant if you wish to consider this as an option for you. Good luck on whichever method of application you decide on.

Rgds
Mans
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BH PNP
Steve.

I will warn you just once. Don't assume you know anything about me, my business or posts I enter on this forum.

The question was, can you recommend..... Not should I or must I. Do you actually read the question or just make up what you want to read?

I recommended a lawyer because of one reason only. I used him, he was good and certainly good enough to recommend when somebody asks.

I am not an immigration lawyer or consultant, and don't pretend to be, and I certainly do not get anything out of recommending.
Brian.

I will say this only once.

This thread had turned into "should one use payed help or not" in the process of emmigrating. My statement clearly and rightly identified that at the very end of your posting to this thread was - a mention of your site www.movingtonovascotia.com
My statement is correct in that your site is designed to lead people to other service providers, which is the norm of most websites of course, as that is how they are funded by commercial sponsorship (advertising).
This thread had established the point that one can do it, with out paying someone to assist. I politely pointed out that your contribution was both helpful, but also commercial.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Steve, for what it's worth, I read this thread and didn't interpret your posts as meaning any offence to the first few posters, professional consultants or otherwise. I hope the inclusion of the Nova Scotia link in your last post is enough to make up for it to BH tho

I've not seen your site yet BH, but if I were to start up a website to help others with Canada immigration, I would include such links regardles of whether I was being sponsored...as far as I'm concerned, the more resources we share, the better for all of us.

M
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by M_and_J
Steve, for what it's worth, I read this thread and didn't interpret your posts as meaning any offence to the first few posters, professional consultants or otherwise. I hope the inclusion of the Nova Scotia link in your last post is enough to make up for it to BH tho

I've not seen your site yet BH, but if I were to start up a website to help others with Canada immigration, I would include such links regardles of whether I was being sponsored...as far as I'm concerned, the more resources we share, the better for all of us.

M
Cheers!

I certainly agree with you!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BH PNP
Steve.
Making threats is not nice!... But waving your cursor at the offender would seem to be acceptable..