Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Long wait .....2000 case.....Want to protest.....

Long wait .....2000 case.....Want to protest.....

Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

sunny_work2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long wait .....2000 case.....Want to protest.....

Hi,

I applied for my immigration at the Delhi CHC post in April 2000. I got the "fee recieved" receipt in about a months time and then a letter saying that I would be called for an interview in about 24 months time. After that I heard nothing from them until Jan 2004 when they adviced me that my application has been selected for a quality process review. I managed to speak to the person who is processing my case, but was told that I will have to wait for the interview call and that I need not call them up and that they cannot define any upper time frame for processing my application. I replied saying that they need to service their clients better.

Now I want to protest against the unreasonable time delays incurred by the Canadian High Commission thru a proper legal channel and make them aplogise for their unprofessional approach to their clients. I am also seriously contemplating withdrawing my application.

Please advice,

Srinivas
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Long wait .....2000 case.....Want to protest.....

Originally posted by sunny_work2002
Hi,

I applied for my immigration at the Delhi CHC post in April 2000. I got the "fee recieved" receipt in about a months time and then a letter saying that I would be called for an interview in about 24 months time. After that I heard nothing from them until Jan 2004 when they adviced me that my application has been selected for a quality process review. I managed to speak to the person who is processing my case, but was told that I will have to wait for the interview call and that I need not call them up and that they cannot define any upper time frame for processing my application. I replied saying that they need to service their clients better.

Now I want to protest against the unreasonable time delays incurred by the Canadian High Commission thru a proper legal channel and make them aplogise for their unprofessional approach to their clients. I am also seriously contemplating withdrawing my application.

Please advice,

Srinivas
Considering that immigration is a privilege and NOT a right here are the various ways you can protest against the CHC.

1) You can threaten to eat beef!
2) You can protest by threatening to burn the whole world supply for curry powder.
3) You can protest by threatening to broadcast cricket on every TV channel, by intercepting the airwaves.
4) You can threaten to start wearing deodorant.

And if none of these things work, you could just shut the f.. up and wait in line with the rest of the world.

Last edited by prodigyking; Jul 19th 2004 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

That was good man!!

Just like the Onion saga several years ago.

Originally posted by prodigyking
Considering that immigration is a privilege and NOT a right here are the various ways you can protest against the CHC.

1) You can threaten to eat beaf!
2) You can protest by threatening to burn the whole world supply for curry powder.
3) You can protest by threatening to broadcast cricket on every TV channel, by intercepting the airwaves.
4) You can threaten to start wearing deodorant.

And if none of these things work, you could just shut the f.. up and wait in line with the rest of the world.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

The point that I wanted to make is that the CHCs by and large appear to function in an unprofessional and non-transparent manner, that is unbecoming of a democratic institution. The CHCs are definitely taking applicants for a ride, as they, as a matter of fact, rarely keep up their commitments(and these commitments are generally written commitments by the CHCs!). In the long run, certainly Canada would loose out on precious and crucial human resources which is such an essential ingredient in the development of any country. Certainly, any self-respecting individual would think twice about immigrating, once he realises that an important government body, like the CHC cannot honor its promises(For example, cases which were to be decided in 24 months as per the CHCs commitments have not been decided even after 50 months) and to top it, enquiries over the phone and in person are prohibited and the applicant has no right to know who is processing the application and in spite of the commitments not being kept up, they would not refund the clients' hard earned application fee either. And then you cannot sue them either!!!........

Immigration is certainly not a right, but then not processing the application even after 50 months, when the commitment was to process it in 24 months is not the CHC's right either. Human dignity is certainly every human's right, irrespective of whether he emerges from a developing or a developed background.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

The point that I wanted to make is that the CHCs by and large appear to function in an unprofessional and non-transparent manner, that is unbecoming of a democratic institution. The CHCs are definitely taking applicants for a ride, as they, as a matter of fact, rarely keep up their commitments(and these commitments are generally written commitments by the CHCs!). In the long run, certainly Canada would loose out on precious and crucial human resources which is such an essential ingredient in the development of any country. Certainly, any self-respecting individual would think twice about immigrating, once he realises that an important government body, like the CHC cannot honor its promises(For example, cases which were to be decided in 24 months as per the CHCs commitments have not been decided even after 50 months) and to top it, enquiries over the phone and in person are prohibited and the applicant has no right to know who is processing the application and in spite of the commitments not being kept up, they would not refund the clients' hard earned application fee either. And then you cannot sue them either!!!........

Immigration is certainly not a right, but then not processing the application even after 50 months, when the commitment was to process it in 24 months is not the CHC's right either. Human dignity is certainly every human's right, irrespective of whether he emerges from a developing or a developed background.

You try to use big words to show your very limited logic. You have no right to Human Dignity whatsoever. You are a just a name on a file, that the designated offical can wipe the behind with if he pleases.

How dare you to even suggest to sue the institutions of a country who is the ONLY one in the western world, who even gives a chance to immigrate to anybody.

I never thought I would tell this to anybody, but I wish that you NEVER get your application approved. I am not looking forward to dealing with litigous bastards, who want to solve all the problems in this world by going to court.

What a shame!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kash100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey "P..King", you need urgent psychiatric help.

Kash100

You try to use big words to show your very limited logic. You have no right to Human Dignity whatsoever. You are a just a name on a file, that the designated offical can wipe the behind with if he pleases.

How dare you to even suggest to sue the institutions of a country who is the ONLY one in the western world, who even gives a chance to immigrate to anybody.

I never thought I would tell this to anybody, but I wish that you NEVER get your application approved. I am not looking forward to dealing with litigous bastards, who want to solve all the problems in this world by going to court.

What a shame!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kash100
Hey "P..King", you need urgent psychiatric help.

Kash100
And you need to smoke more Curry powder.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Mr Pee....King,

Sounds from your words, language and the resultant attitude that you are a desperate asylum seeker and that you would try to manufacture your deodrant, Mr P......King from the content on the paper that your asylum provider would use to wipe off his back. If your asylum provider does not agree to provide you with asylum, then you can threaten him with your new found deodrant. Hope my logic now sounds comphrensive, with human dignity suitable to a dignified person like you.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Another example of your open minded attitude to other cultures and people. You are an embarasment. I am embarassed that my adopted country will grant you PR status.

Iain
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

SamJ is an unknown quantity at this point

You should first obtain your CAIPS notes to know what is going on with your application before considering suing anyone. There are people out there who have waited longer than you. Be patient !!!

Hope this Helps
Sam
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by iaink
Another example of your open minded attitude to other cultures and people. You are an embarasment. I am embarassed that my adopted country will grant you PR status.

Iain
Yeah,

Sometimes, rudeness deserves rudeness. And save your embarrasement for your country. I am sure you have plenty of personal issues to be embarrased about. You would rather see your tax dollars go supporting litigous bastards who come to the "new world" with their mind set on taking advantage of everything that's good, thinking the world owes them something, all at the price of open-mindedness. The world owes them nothing!

Stop judging me, and start looking beyond your nose.

Last edited by prodigyking; Jul 19th 2004 at 8:00 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kash100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pee King, seriously dude, get yourself checked for your mental condition. It may not be genetic for all you know. Be positive.

Good luck!

Kash100

Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kash100
Pee King, seriously dude, get yourself checked for your mental condition. It may not be genetic for all you know. Be positive.

Good luck!

Kash100
Did you come up with that while riding your camel up the sand dunes?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:07 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody promised processing of your application in any specified period of time - all info about timelines you received was only an expectation based on past performance and each such expected timeline in all correspondence you received always carried a note that those are not guaranteed in any way timelines.

Canada has annual immigration targets and visa posts are fully staffed and equipped to meet or even exceed those targets. And all of them, including CHC New Delhi exceeded their targets every year since you applied. But if number of applications exceeds several times annual targets (quotas) then it is obvious that backlog will only grow and processing time will be as it is. Don't blame Canada and CIC - blame others in India who selfishly decided to apply in drones while they should have been waiting for your case to be completed first before applying... :-)

And please don't give us any of those "discrimination" stories - India, China, Pakistan and Philippines (just 4 countries) are the source of almost 40% of immigrants landed in Canada in past several years.

Unfortunately processing times are directly affected by number of applicants and I am sorry but this is as it is.

Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

I too think that you should get your caips notes to find out what is happening.........cases like this are rare. My case is also taking long... I am also indian but applied from buffalo. There is no dicrimination amongst any country by the CIC. There are many many indians in Canada. keep patience........that's the only support i can give you
Hope this Helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.