Long term parking in Buffalo

Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

abcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long term parking in Buffalo

Folks,

Thanks alot for all the help I have been getting from the friendly persons on this forum. Please help me to plan further my trip to Canada. My questions are....

While entering in Canada with family as a PR, (for a short time now, then come back and wrap thing here) is it possible to leave my car some where in Buffalo, and then

1. Board the Greyhound from Buffalo. If so what Canadian immigration does at the border,

2 Is it a hassle or easy to rent a car from Buffalo for Canada entering and coming back to USA

Any suggestion where in Buffalo I can leave my car.

Thanks for your time
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term parking in Buffalo

Try near the airport.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Originally posted by abcd
Folks,

Thanks alot for all the help I have been getting from the friendly persons on this forum. Please help me to plan further my trip to Canada. My questions are....

While entering in Canada with family as a PR, (for a short time now, then come back and wrap thing here) is it possible to leave my car some where in Buffalo, and then

1. Board the Greyhound from Buffalo. If so what Canadian immigration does at the border,

2 Is it a hassle or easy to rent a car from Buffalo for Canada entering and coming back to USA

Any suggestion where in Buffalo I can leave my car.

Thanks for your time
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim...you are a good person with a kind helping heart....

Tomorrow is the big day....

Originally posted by Jim Humphries
Try near the airport.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

The Buffalo airport has cheap long term parking and lots of car rentals available at cheap prices if you book ahead. All the cars there are OK to drive to Canada as long as you are going to return it to Buffalo. I rented there many times when I was travelling up before I moved.

If you try to take the bus, you will probably get left behind as they won't wait for you to go through the landing procedures at the border.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sysclp...so bus is out of our plans then....well, renting from buffalo seems to be the solution .....Appreciate your help again

Originally posted by sysclp
The Buffalo airport has cheap long term parking and lots of car rentals available at cheap prices if you book ahead. All the cars there are OK to drive to Canada as long as you are going to return it to Buffalo. I rented there many times when I was travelling up before I moved.

If you try to take the bus, you will probably get left behind as they won't wait for you to go through the landing procedures at the border.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally posted by abcd
Thanks Sysclp...so bus is out of our plans then....well, renting from buffalo seems to be the solution .....Appreciate your help again
Reserve your car ahead of time on Travelocity.com or similar and you will get a much better rate than if you just walk in to the counter with no reservation.