Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

London Processing times - which is right?

London Processing times - which is right?

Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

jenga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Processing times - which is right?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on whether the High Commission of Canada in the UK website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng) or CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp) tend to be more up to date with regard to processing times for the London office?

Checking processing times for study permits, High Commission website states 8-10 weeks, but CIC states 5 weeks for London office, so quite a big difference.

Any ideas which is more likely to be up to date? Desperately waiting!

Thanks!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:00 am
Just Joined

LadySummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Processing times - which is right?

Hi there, I have no idea but if you go for the 8-10 and you get it in 5 you'll be happy

My money would be on the High Commission website though.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LadySummer
Hi there, I have no idea but if you go for the 8-10 and you get it in 5 you'll be happy

My money would be on the High Commission website though.
Thanks. Of course, I was hoping the shorter time was the right one. Does anyone else have recent experience of this?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

We got it in around 4 weeks when we applied in November 2010.

They are not bad with the Study permit time processing time line.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Study visa application sent to London 9 days ago, will keep you updated on progress. 8 weeks til flight so
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Study visa application sent to London 9 days ago, will keep you updated on progress. 8 weeks til flight so
Thanks all for your advice. I'm at the four week mark, so will cross fingers and hope to hear in a week or so, based on sudha's experience. Will let you know how I get on.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by jenga
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on whether the High Commission of Canada in the UK website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng) or CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp) tend to be more up to date with regard to processing times for the London office?

Checking processing times for study permits, High Commission website states 8-10 weeks, but CIC states 5 weeks for London office, so quite a big difference.

Any ideas which is more likely to be up to date? Desperately waiting!

Thanks!
Actually if you really want to know the number/processing time go to www.data.gc.ca and download the Immigration Excel spreadsheets. You will probably be able to answer all your queries on nos. and processing times.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all for your advice. I'm at the four week mark, so will cross fingers and hope to hear in a week or so, based on sudha's experience. Will let you know how I get on.
Have you given any thought as to what you might do if your student visa hasn't arrived and your travel date is looming?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Have you given any thought as to what you might do if your student visa hasn't arrived and your travel date is looming?
No, I'd hoped all would go to plan, so had held off booking my flight.

A potential spanner in the works has cropped up today as I've had an email requesting a P60 from one of my previous jobs - happens to be the one job where the employer never sent one to me/it got lost in the post and was never received.

Does anyone know if they will accept a statement of earnings instead? I'm rather confused about what they want to know, as nothing in the guides to applying mentioned sending P60s, so am trying to think of alternative documents I can send that will cover the bases. I've spoken to the employer and they're refusing to issue a 'second' P60, which isn't helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Actually if you really want to know the number/processing time go to www.data.gc.ca and download the Immigration Excel spreadsheets. You will probably be able to answer all your queries on nos. and processing times.
Also, PMM - many thanks, the Excel spreadsheet was extremely helpful.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

You must be over the 5 week point now, any news?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:08 am
Just Joined

You must be over the 5 week point now, any news?
Still waiting! I'm guessing the 8-10 week processing time was the correct timeframe.