Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

London office to completion stages

London office to completion stages

Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London office to completion stages

My application+docs. was received(proof of receipt) on 18 march 10 by the London CHC office.

I am slightly confused on the process that will follow until completion stage.
So will greatly appreciate help on the following...

1. AOR from London CHC
a. Will this include a new B-number and how long will this take?
b. and will it be via email or post?
c. is there a website where I can use the new B-number to track the application process?

2. If successful...
a. Will Medical request be sent to me and will this be through email or post?

3. Interview request
a. At which stage, will an interview request or waiver will be communicated to me.

4. Passport request
a. Is this the last stage of the process and will I have to pay any free for the stamping of the PR visa. (note: I already paid CAD 1100- for 2 applicants to CIO, Sydney)
b. What is the general timeline between sending medicals to CHC and receiving Passport request from them?

5. Have I missed anything above that I need to be aware of in the whole process?

I am hoping the whole process is complete before june this year as i have a conference to attend in victoria, BC and the visa will be useful or else will be in trouble due to handing over the passport that time to CHC london office...

thanks
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London office to completion stages

Forgive me, but I'm all for helping people whenever I can. Indeed, the good people here, and their advice, has been invaluable to me. That said, for my part, I try my best to dig out the answers through the tried and tested method of searching and reading. I can't help think that had you done the same, you could have easily found the answers to the majority of your questions.

My answers (to the best of my knowledge and experience) are below in red:

Originally Posted by gooodman
My application+docs. was received(proof of receipt) on 18 march 10 by the London CHC office.

I am slightly confused on the process that will follow until completion stage.
So will greatly appreciate help on the following...

1. AOR from London CHC
a. Will this include a new B-number and how long will this take?
Yes, probably about 5-weeks.
b. and will it be via email or post?
Post.
c. is there a website where I can use the new B-number to track the application process?
eCas - the same thing you should have been using already.

2. If successful...
a. Will Medical request be sent to me and will this be through email or post?
Yes, by post.

3. Interview request
a. At which stage, will an interview request or waiver will be communicated to me.
No idea, but I don't believe you'll need or get one?

4. Passport request
a. Is this the last stage of the process and will I have to pay any free for the stamping of the PR visa. (note: I already paid CAD 1100- for 2 applicants to CIO, Sydney)
Yes, you'll have to pay the PR fees which is clearly stated in the guide you should have already read.
b. What is the general timeline between sending medicals to CHC and receiving Passport request from them?
If it all goes smoothly I would hazard a guess at 6-months.

5. Have I missed anything above that I need to be aware of in the whole process?
You need to be aware that a little bit of initiative, reading and investigation goes a long way on here.

I am hoping the whole process is complete before june this year as i have a conference to attend in victoria, BC and the visa will be useful or else will be in trouble due to handing over the passport that time to CHC london office...
I think it's highly unlikely.

thanks