Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

London applications - Post medical wait..............

London applications - Post medical wait..............

Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:46 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default London applications - Post medical wait..............

Thought I would start this thread for those of us waiting for news following the medicals stage at the London office.

I am not finding this stage quite as bad as the wait for med requests although it has only been 5 weeks for me since they received the final medicals.

Any progress/waiting stories from anyone at the same stage would be really appreciated.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London applications - Post medical wait..............

Obviously we're not quite at this stage yet, but we will be soon so I thought it would be a good idea to register my interest in this thread now!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can I join?

Liesl
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Me too! Me too!

Caved in yesterday and sent case specific email, as they mentioned in our letter asking for more info on wee guy in december, that we would have a decision within 3 months....yesterday was 3 months and 1 day

God loves a trier!!!

Good luck all.

lns
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:17 pm

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

thanks for all of your interest and hope the wait isn't too bad for you all.

I'm surprised at the wait some people are having, having seen how soon the Logans got their response, tho' I suppose they had a pretty special case.

I had a bit of a moment today when I got an email from the ecas tracker tool - it appears my address has dropped off . Not sure how that would happen so randomly but as I'm sure you all know it is behaving pretty weird lately. That doesn't stop us reading all kinds of things into though .

Good luck everyone!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

I dont think I am of any help, but my Medicals expired on 29/03... no PPR...
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:06 pm

Just in case you hadn't seen my other thread, weirdly enough my PPR's have arrived by email - 2 days after I started this thread thinking I had weeks and weeks to wait!!

That makes for a 5 week wait post medicals being sent

Thought i'd post it straight on this thread! Good luck to you all!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rubie
Just in case you hadn't seen my other thread, weirdly enough my PPR's have arrived by email - 2 days after I started this thread thinking I had weeks and weeks to wait!!

Well we are taking medicals tomorrow, and I believe usually they are sent within a few days of being done? Our new PCCs should also be here by early next week, and our banker's draft for RPRF arrived today.

So in theory CHC might have everything they need to finalise our application by the end of next week? Depends on brought forward dates and luck after that, I guess...

Wayne.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Incidentally Rubie, are you going to post your passports, or doing the "go to London and deliver them in person/pick them up 2 weeks later" thing?

Also I am a bit confused how you can go 2 weeks later, since surely the decision is not "made" until they have the passports? So don't get how people can be sure that decision will be made within 2 weeks?

Wayne.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
So don't get how people can be sure that decision will be made within 2 weeks?

Wayne.
perhaps im misunderstanding your question Waggle, but Im pretty sure there is very little that can go wrong between sending off your passports and your getting them back. As far as im lead to believe, the majority of cases are a done deal as soon and you get PPR unless there is something about your passport thats dodgy.

lns
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Omoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant future

Thought I would start this thread for those of us waiting for news following the medicals stage at the London office.

I am not finding this stage quite as bad as the wait for med requests although it has only been 5 weeks for me since they received the final medicals.

Any progress/waiting stories from anyone at the same stage would be really appreciated.
Hi Rubie,

Thanks for this thread and hope we all get to have some news soon. My medicals were done in late July and sent in August and I am still waiting to have their news. I have sent them many case specific email with no reply. It is y 46th Month now and I hope I can have some news soon.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Waggle
Incidentally Rubie, are you going to post your passports, or doing the "go to London and deliver them in person/pick them up 2 weeks later" thing?

Also I am a bit confused how you can go 2 weeks later, since surely the decision is not "made" until they have the passports? So don't get how people can be sure that decision will be made within 2 weeks?

Wayne.
hi Wayne, I'm sending them by post as we are not in a great rush for them back. Have had to get new piccies done as well as the ones I have have got heads too big on them by 2mm!! Don't want to bugger things up at this point over 2mm!! I dread to think how much I have spent on photos and postage alone for this process

I am hoping linsypinsy is right in that although the ppr is the final stage of processing, a positive decision has already been made by this point. Also, when you get PPR, you are asked to send them to a PHEP Processing Dept which indicates there is a mini passport processing factory in CHC

good luck with your meds tomorrow!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Omoluabi
Hi Rubie,

Thanks for this thread and hope we all get to have some news soon. My medicals were done in late July and sent in August and I am still waiting to have their news. I have sent them many case specific email with no reply. It is y 46th Month now and I hope I can have some news soon.
Oh lord how have you manged to wait so long! Sorry if this is a silly question but are you sure you are emailing the correct address? I have always had very prompt replies to my emails.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Me too! Me too!

Caved in yesterday and sent case specific email, as they mentioned in our letter asking for more info on wee guy in december, that we would have a decision within 3 months....yesterday was 3 months and 1 day

God loves a trier!!!

Good luck all.

lns
Hi Lins

have you had a reply to your email yet?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lins

have you had a reply to your email yet?
Nah...not yet

Even Mollie's stalking the postman!!!

London applications - Post medical wait..............-mollie-postman.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.