LMO refusal

Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road
Default LMO refusal

So i submitted an LMO last week so that I could stay in Canada after March and work and live with my gf who i love very dearly. Anyway long story short i was applying under a recruitment agency because the employer that i currently work for did not want to have any permanent canadians working for him. They refused the LMO because i am not working for a manager that has decisions to govern what I do, hire / fire me etc. So now im back to square one, luckily I have 4 months to find a full time permanent position that will give me a workpermit for. But still I thought it was all in the bag.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO refusal

As far as I am aware, you cannot apply for an LMO ? It has to be submitted by the employer, who has to document and prove a variety of points ?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ann m
As far as I am aware, you cannot apply for an LMO ? It has to be submitted by the employer, who has to document and prove a variety of points ?

That is completely correct, they did apply for it though. I merely filled it in for them because they did not know how to. They signed it and dated it etc. Doesnt change the fact it was refused because they are a recruitment company though.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

OK - gotcha !

Time to chat up the boss, methinks - or quickly find a new employer !

On what basis are you currently working in Canada anyway? Are you on a Work Permit that is due to expire, and therefore tied to this particular job anyway? Bit confused if that is via a recruitment agency...