Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Chris900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

Hi All,

My LMO application for a job in Vancouver was submitted during the first week of September 2011 and I'm still waiting for a response. My new employer (hopefully new employer anyway) contacted the HRSDC around the 2nd week of December 2011 and was told that processing times have increased due to volume of applicants.

I'm new to the forum and it was nice to see that I'm not alone in the long wait.

Cheers
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Atakan is an unknown quantity at this point

After waiting 4 months, my application has been refused and the reason is that they could not contact my boss over phone. Its sad to hear that but there is nothing to do. So they want me apply one more time

By the way,
Is there anybody know if I can make it faster without waiting 4 more months? like sending them an objection letter or something like that or wanting them give priority to my papers? Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:54 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atakan
After waiting 4 months, my application has been refused and the reason is that they could not contact my boss over phone. Its sad to hear that but there is nothing to do. So they want me apply one more time

By the way,
Is there anybody know if I can make it faster without waiting 4 more months? like sending them an objection letter or something like that or wanting them give priority to my papers? Any ideas?

Thanks.
No, there isn't any way to get your application ahead of others.

I would look into why they couldn't they get your boss on the telephone.

I would make sure that there was a telephone number given where there was a guarantee of it being answered, so an office number with a receptionist on duty or even voicemail which states the business and where they can leave a message.

It is essential that HRSDC can contact the employer because you must remember they are the applicant, not you as an individual.
It does seem a bit dodgy to them that they are supposed to be contacting a business number but they don't get a response.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

clarebear2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that. After 3 months my application was also turned down.
My employer was informed that should she wish to reapply, to attach a cover letter with the resubmitted application and it should only take a few weeks. Apparently, it will go straight to an accessing officer. They typically contact the employer via phone and email so ask your employer to check her junk mail. Maybe it went in there.
anyway, I hope this helps.
Best of luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Pebbles_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi clarebear hope you dont me asking but did they give you a reason for it being turned down?we are currently waiting a decision on an Lmo in week 10 :-)
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

clarebear2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Pebbles-22, they said that they were not satisfied with the length of time my position was advertised or how my job was advertised. The contract I was hoping to getis only until June.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Pebbles_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that clarebear hope everything works out for you:-)no news again today becoming very impatient ha
Old Jan 25th 2012, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Atakan is an unknown quantity at this point

I see.
My boss is pretty busy guy. Thats the reason, I lost it.
Hopefully next time, some luck will be with me

Thank you guys.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:05 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atakan
I see.
My boss is pretty busy guy. Thats the reason, I lost it.
Hopefully next time, some luck will be with me

Thank you guys.
If there is an alternative telephone contact, I'd give them both next time.

As another option, why not try faxing the application?
My OH's company faxed the application (renewal) - they telephoned before they sent it and then telephoned to make sure they had received it.

At some point, they were given a name of the officer who was dealing with the application, which was a great help as time went on, as they could telephone and ask for the officer by name.

Maybe your employer could try this?
It seems harsh to reject you just because they couldn't speak to him, so the best of luck next time.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

calgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought i would pop on this thread and update with our situation...........

Our LMO was submitted 30th January and we received a positive LMO on the 2nd March
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:06 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by calgeo
Just thought i would pop on this thread and update with our situation...........

Our LMO was submitted 30th January and we received a positive LMO on the 2nd March
Great!

It does show that there is a huge variation in the speed at which LMO are processed, though.

No-one should get worried if they are not as fast as you.