LMO processing times 2013

Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to clarify for the sake of anybody reading, there are numerous ways to get a TWP without a LMO, and they would be eligible to apply for FSW even without a LMO.

In addition, other employment based routes to PR such as PNP or CEC don't require a LMO either.

Anybody know how long a TWP is taking when a LMO isn't required at the Toronto office? Thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by al8565
Anybody know how long a TWP is taking when a LMO isn't required at the Toronto office? Thanks.

Since Toronto doesn't process inland work permits, unless it is a referral from Vegreville, not a clue. Vegreville takes various times depending on the type.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

yoyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

guys... nobody has any good news??? unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

charlotte-in-limbo is an unknown quantity at this point

With us we were told by an immigration lawyer in November 2012 that it takes 6 months for an AEO and 3 months for a LMO. Our AEO was processed in 5 weeks.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 5:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by charlotte-in-limbo
With us we were told by an immigration lawyer in November 2012 that it takes 6 months for an AEO and 3 months for a LMO. Our AEO was processed in 5 weeks.

Just a note, that the AEO no longer exists under FSW2, you have to obtain a LMO.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 12:01 am
Just Joined

saskaworker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yoyoyo
guys... nobody has any good news??? unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have news, but not good news, I received my LMO but was rejected cause my salary acording to the goverment is below to the medium wage in saskatchwan, but I have a new chance with an agreement with my country, for be a skilled worker I can apply for a work permit without LMO, the bad of this is that I need to wait for 88 days more!!!, LMO was a bad decicion for me, now I advice me by a lawyer. so for you guys check very careful your options for get a work permit, I waste 3 months for nothing.

I wait for 14 weeks for my LMO, I applied on March 1st and I received my LMO back on june 13th.

Good luck for everyone.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

yoyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saskaworker
I have news, but not good news, I received my LMO but was rejected cause my salary acording to the goverment is below to the medium wage in saskatchwan, but I have a new chance with an agreement with my country, for be a skilled worker I can apply for a work permit without LMO, the bad of this is that I need to wait for 88 days more!!!, LMO was a bad decicion for me, now I advice me by a lawyer. so for you guys check very careful your options for get a work permit, I waste 3 months for nothing.

I wait for 14 weeks for my LMO, I applied on March 1st and I received my LMO back on june 13th.

Good luck for everyone.

Man I am so sad for you. Don't give up!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 4:30 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saskaworker

Good luck for everyone.
That sucks but hopefully another option presents itself for you
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

BenBuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Well I had an email from my employer's lawyer telling me that they submitted their LMO application on Wednesday...now the waiting begins!

Really hope it isn't 10+ weeks...but prepared for the worst.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:31 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenBuzz
Hi all!

Well I had an email from my employer's lawyer telling me that they submitted their LMO application on Wednesday...now the waiting begins!

Really hope it isn't 10+ weeks...but prepared for the worst.
Mine went in at the start of April and I'm still waiting, might be worth getting a good few books whilst you wait
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Oh dear! The thought of being stuck at home all summer with my parents (I've just finished uni) terrifies me!

Do you know If your employer has previously applied for an LMO? Their lawyer who emailed me seemed to think it would happen a bit quicker as they'd already been through the process?!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by BenBuzz
Oh dear! The thought of being stuck at home all summer with my parents (I've just finished uni) terrifies me!

Do you know If your employer has previously applied for an LMO? Their lawyer who emailed me seemed to think it would happen a bit quicker as they'd already been through the process?!
My employer has not done an LMO before, however the HR woman had done numerous ones at her previous company. The issue now is the RBC scandal and the knock on affect
Old Jul 6th 2013, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Just heard from my employers lawyer that as of yesterday, a Service Center Canada office in Vancouver was processing the LMO application! Its only been submitted 9 days ago. Even if the next bit takes 13 weeks, I'm glad I've at least heard something already!
Old Jul 6th 2013, 3:47 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

We got our LMO yesterday after roughly 8 weeks
Old Jul 6th 2013, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by sms1984
We got our LMO yesterday after roughly 8 weeks
Congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.