Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO - decision is imminent but HRSDC require further information

LMO - decision is imminent but HRSDC require further information

Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice
Default LMO - decision is imminent but HRSDC require further information

Hi all,

I'm waiting on a decision about the LMO for my position. The HRSDC rep rang my boss on Thursday and was on the phone with her for over 30 mins. Unfortunately, the administrator in our department put down incorrect information on the LMO application regarding the number of applicants for my position (Yes, unbelievable!) - to cut a long story short, they advertised my position last year, it was filled, the guy left after a few months as he wasn't the right fit, they re-advertised the position over Jan & Feb, I was shortlisted in Mar, attended 1st round of interviews then, attended second round of interviews in April where it came down to be between me and one other person, I provided work samples and reference details in May and I got the job (as I had all of the qualifications required, skills, most experience etc.). SO, we think that the number put down on the application was the total number of applicants for both of the times the job was posted (over 60) but I'm guessing that the number that should have been put down is the number of applicants for the position on the occasion that I applied for the job (approx. 30 - to be confirmed on Monday, correctly this time!).

My boss has asked me whether I think it's more advantageous to have had a bigger number of applicants or a smaller number - I would assume a bigger number is better. Does anyone know? In any event, she will have to give them the accurate number.

Also, my position falls into category '0' so I think it's important that my boss communicates that the minimum advertising requirements were met i.e. Conducted recruitment activities consistent with the practice within the occupation (e.g., advertise on recognized Internet job sites, in journals, newsletters or national newspapers or by consulting unions or professional associations).

Is there anything else that she needs to communicate or stress that will influence them that the position is deserving of a positive LMO - they have had significant difficulty with filling the position and getting a person with all the skills required at the right level. She has already requested that if positive they issue the duration of the TWP for 2+ years (as the position is leading a strategic level 2 year project) and she has tried to draw their attention to the fact that the position is in a growing and high-demand area.

Thanks for any help in advance and happy Halloween!

N.