LMO alberta

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:37 am
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice
Default LMO alberta

im visiting calgary now and my cousins friend talked to me and we hung out so he offered me a job at his company. now im just a visitor from visa exempt country.how does the process go? i was told i can do flagpoling and come back and apply for wv on the border? i lived in usa for 3 years will they ask for fbi clearance? will i have to do medical if im from visa exempt country? please help i have 3 more months of stay here and than i can extend my tourist status
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO alberta

Originally Posted by soccer203
im visiting calgary now and my cousins friend talked to me and we hung out so he offered me a job at his company. now im just a visitor from visa exempt country.how does the process go?
He needs to apply for the Labour Market Opinion. For this he needs to show that he has advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job. So proof of adverts, plus info on who has applied and why they are not suitable (and of course, info on why you *are* i.e. that you have the requisite experience/qualifications).

LMO's are currently taking around 12-16 weeks at the moment. Once you've got the LMO, you can then apply for your Temporary Work Permit.

i was told i can do flagpoling and come back and apply for wv on the border?
Yes, that's correct. Once you've got your LMO and written job offer, you'd take that to the border and get your TWP.

i lived in usa for 3 years will they ask for fbi clearance? will i have to do medical if im from visa exempt country?
It depends on the job, what exactly is it?

HTH.

Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:33 am
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

oh ok thanks a lot . so i guess i wont be needing police certificates at the border my buddy just told me they only ask that for people applying at canadian embassies.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:35 pm
Banned

and btw its an preapproved LMO. i just found out that and the lady who is doing it for the company said its basically a formality after he sends my paperwork so good news . i guess i ll be going to montana alberta border soon
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok thanks a lot . so i guess i wont be needing police certificates at the border my buddy just told me they only ask that for people applying at canadian embassies.
Why do you have a criminal record? BSOs at the border might ask about a criminal record but copies of such are not mandatory.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:09 am
Banned

no no , its just im still waiting for my first copy of fbi bckground check since january man , and the quota for working holiday for croatia is full since mid february so i dont wanna lose this too over a police certificate you know
Old May 1st 2012, 10:01 pm
Banned

hopefully i will have lmo approved and will be ready to go... company already has 5 pre apporved lmo's ... they will train , machine operator ... can someone tell me on a job site it says 26$ h is average pay for machinists, so my salary wont be under 26 i guess?? its in calgary...and when i drive to border i take approved lmo, job contract,passport and 150$ in cash??
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:09 am
Banned

they called in yesterday to confirm my information. now im reading about flagpoling and documents , it says proof indicating you meet requirements of the job being offered ? i dont have any proof like that its low skilled position and the company is willing to train me. should i just say they will train me? also about 150$$$ can i hand them cash?