Lmia and twp application

Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lmia and twp application

I downloaded a different guide from yours, from here

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Documents

as far as I can see it doesn't say anything about meeting the median wage...*crosses fingers*
Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammilc
I downloaded a different guide from yours, from here

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...gram/Documents

as far as I can see it doesn't say anything about meeting the median wage...*crosses fingers*
OK, phew - apologies for giving you heart failure! That must have changed in the June changes, my link was a couple of months old. That goodness for that.

OK, so now it's just saying that the wage must be 'at market rate', on the Job Bank. Remind me of your NOC?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Noc is 0631, what they've offered me is in line with what they pay other junior level managers within their company
Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind, I looked back and found it. It's a bit ambiguous, saying 'market rate'. I would take that to mean median wage or higher on the Job Bank (so yours wouldn't meet that requirement, I've just checked), but they don't actually say. If it's just above the lower end of the salary scale on Job Bank, you've ok. It's not specific anywhere in the new guide that I can find, which isn't very helpful!

I would suggest you ask them, sorry I'm just not sure.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 5:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Vancouver downtown
You'd move to BC for $16 an hour?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 6:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Aviator
You'd move to BC for $16 an hour?
1. No way they could survive on wage that is less than $3.50 above minimum wage in Metro Vancouver.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. No way they could survive on wage that is less than $3.50 above minimum wage in Metro Vancouver.
I could, and have before, but thanks for the input

Okay so good news! I had a chat to my employer explaining the situation, and they have agreed to reduce my contracted hours from 50 to 45 per week, which makes my hourly earnings $17.95/hour and is market rate. So I have created my PNP profile with 104 points and am just waiting for an ITA for the PNP program.

In the meantime, however, I have received an ITA in my federal express entry profile this morning (450 CRS points in this profile). However, even though I have a job offer that is valid for the PNP program, it's not an LMIA positive job offer so it's not valid for the federal skilled worker EE program that i've been invited to apply for. For this one, i need a minimum funds of $15,531 which I am still saving for.

Should I decline this ITA and wait until i receive my provincial nomination? I'm not sure how this all ties in together now...
Old Jul 25th 2018, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I had a chat to my employer explaining the situation, and they have agreed to reduce my contracted hours from 50 to 45 per week, which makes my hourly earnings $17.95/hour and is market rate.
If it's median for that NOC and above it's not - that would be $18.75ph and above. But I still have no idea how they calculate 'market rate', I was hoping PMM would know!

In the meantime, however, I have received an ITA in my federal express entry profile this morning (450 CRS points in this profile).
Congrats!

However, even though I have a job offer that is valid for the PNP program, it's not an LMIA positive job offer so it's not valid for the federal skilled worker EE program that i've been invited to apply for.
Is the 450 points without a job offer?

For this one, i need a minimum funds of $15,531 which I am still saving for.

Should I decline this ITA and wait until i receive my provincial nomination? I'm not sure how this all ties in together now...
How far off the amount of funds are you/when do you anticipate having it?

If you can accept the FSW ITA then I would do that personally, that way you're not tied to any province and also not beholden upon your employer. But it depends on if you'll have the funds in time or not?
Old Jul 25th 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If it's median for that NOC and above it's not - that would be $18.75ph and above. But I still have no idea how they calculate 'market rate', I was hoping PMM would know!
If you go t the job bank labour market information page and look up assistant restaurant managers in vancouver, it says the median wage is $17.95/ hour ( https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ion/2016/39070 )...that's the only logical way i can conceive of them working out the median wages?

Is the 450 points without a job offer?
Yes

How far off the amount of funds are you/when do you anticipate having it?
I think we could have it by the end of October, but the ITA will have expired by then [/quote]

If you can accept the FSW ITA then I would do that personally, that way you're not tied to any province and also not beholden upon your employer. But it depends on if you'll have the funds in time or not?
The reason we initiated the BCPNP in the first place was because it was quicker to get out there than the FSW (I'm working for a sexual harasser and my partner's working for a sociopath and works70+ hours a week, so we're pretty desperate to get out of these jobs but not in a position to leave until we emigrate), so since the PNP is only 3 months or so from application to work permit, this is the route we want to go down.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If you go t the job bank labour market information page and look up assistant restaurant managers in vancouver, it says the median wage is $17.95/ hour ( https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ion/2016/39070 )...that's the only logical way i can conceive of them working out the median wages?
As it's BC PNP I'd assume they'd look at the median wage for the whole of BC, rather than the area, which is $18.75ph (as an aside, how odd that Vancouver pays less than the rest of the province?!). But again, I'm just guessing. I would definitely try and call them to clarify what the wage requirements are personally.

And if your ITA will expire by the time you have your funds for FSW, then that's your answer - your only option is PNP anyway. So you should decline the ITA and wait for PNP (🤞).
Old Sep 19th 2018, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

And if your ITA will expire by the time you have your funds for FSW, then that's your answer - your only option is PNP anyway. So you should decline the ITA and wait for PNP (🤞).
So, my partners parents have just told us that they are going to give us £5000 as a gift to help us get to Canada, which gives us enough funds now for fsw. But we've already submitted the application for pnp... can we accept the ita for fsw, and if we get the pnp application approved, use that to obtain a work permit to move and start work while the fsw application processes?
Old Oct 6th 2018, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

What did you mean by having the £15530? Is that how much money you need to have saved to get PNP?!
Old Oct 8th 2018, 5:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
What did you mean by having the £15530? Is that how much money you need to have saved to get PNP?!
It would depend on the required proof of funds and the size of your family!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html

There are exceptions if you are currently working in Canada, for instance, or are applying through the Canada Experience Class
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream).

Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

authorized to work in Canada and
have a valid job offer

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 8th 2018 at 5:43 am.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Riiiight, so BNP just boosts points, and you can then go down CEC route. Got it! I thought they were totally separate.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 9:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Riiiight, so BNP just boosts points, and you can then go down CEC route. Got it! I thought they were totally separate.
They are totally separate. There are four streams under the Express Entry program, PNP, CEC, FST and FSW, each have different eligibility requirements. All are done under the same CRS points scores system though.

HTH.