LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Apr 12th 2015, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

it's a joke really there is no reason for it to take this long. Especially for high skill high wage job.
Icant get in pool for FSW EE for some reason even if I put I have a job offer with lmia, or I would ask my company to apply for duel purpose as I've seen a few come back within 2-3 weeks approved.
Applying for PR through EE seems to take less time than an LMIA if you can get In the pool with an ITA. I had an email from CIC saying first 3 PR have been approved through EE within 3 months.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

the only good thing about EE is, owing to limiting those applying the processing time will not increase by much...and PR in six months is always attractive!
Old Apr 12th 2015, 10:57 am
Just Joined

jasontotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, here is my story.

After splitting with my wife February 2013 I started dating a girl I knew from school times (yes about 26 years ago). She is originally from the UK but moved to Ontario in the 80's to become a nanny.. She has children from a previous mirage to a Canadian, so it was never a possibility for her to leave.

I first flew out to see her in the summer of 2013 and instantly we knew we wanted to be together. After weeks of trying to figure out the best way to get me over there we decided to turn to the this forum. After looking into everything the only possible way we could be together is if I got a job offer with a positive LMIA. I am a sign maker by trade, after looking through the Canadian job bank I found a job description that was in the skilled workers Noc. Code.

I then had another two short trips (2 weeks each in 2013) both trying to find someone to hire me. In the summer of 2014 I decided to step up my search for a job and committed to a 3 month vist. This was really worth while by the end of this trip I had convinced a local sign company close to my partners house to commit to the LMIA process.

I left in August 2014 and went back for my 5th vist this Christmas for six weeks. After I left, the 9th February all the paperwork was filled in and the LMIA application was sent. Between the 9th of February and the 15th of March the paperwork was sent back on 3 occasions because of missing parts and onece because immigration Canada changed the application paperwork.

Finally I got the news that on March 27th this year the $1000 dollars was taken from my prospective employer and the paperwork has gone through for assessment. Our fingers are all fermly crossed, it has been a very long process.

Has anyone got any idea how long it may be until we have a result of our LMIA application?

I would like to thank the expats forum and everyone on here that have been so helpful.

Last edited by jasontotty; Apr 12th 2015 at 11:03 am.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jasontotty
Hi everyone, here is my story.

After splitting with my wife February 2013 I started dating a girl I knew from school times (yes about 26 years ago). She is originally from the UK but moved to Ontario in the 80's to become a nanny.. She has children from a previous mirage to a Canadian, so it was never a possibility for her to leave.

I first flew out to see her in the summer of 2013 and instantly we knew we wanted to be together. After weeks of trying to figure out the best way to get me over there we decided to turn to the this forum. After looking into everything the only possible way we could be together is if I got a job offer with a positive LMIA. I am a sign maker by trade, after looking through the Canadian job bank I found a job description that was in the skilled workers Noc. Code.

I then had another two short trips (2 weeks each in 2013) both trying to find someone to hire me. In the summer of 2014 I decided to step up my search for a job and committed to a 3 month vist. This was really worth while by the end of this trip I had convinced a local sign company close to my partners house to commit to the LMIA process.

I left in August 2014 and went back for my 5th vist this Christmas for six weeks. After I left, the 9th February all the paperwork was filled in and the LMIA application was sent. Between the 9th of February and the 15th of March the paperwork was sent back on 3 occasions because of missing parts and onece because immigration Canada changed the application paperwork.

Finally I got the news that on March 27th this year the $1000 dollars was taken from my prospective employer and the paperwork has gone through for assessment. Our fingers are all fermly crossed, it has been a very long process.

Has anyone got any idea how long it may be until we have a result of our LMIA application?

I would like to thank the expats forum and everyone on here that have been so helpful.
Sounds like your on the right track now mate. I came over end of last April and had an interview and all that. Found out they were applying for LMIA. Then I got back home on edge everyday waiting for that email to say they had received one back. I kept in touch with the company weekly talking and asking if they had heard anything. Not a thing. So I kinda gave up on the idea and stopped pestering them. Fast forward to January this year! Got a few emails, They got 2 LMIA's through for the whole of Alberta and was giving me one of them! I moved to Canada nearly 4 weeks ago now. So it's taken nearly a year.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Ok update. My LMIA is being applied for in my name when we get to that stage advert going in JOB Bank and other places today fingers crossed. I now know it's Shawnessy area of Calgary. More waiting......
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SUNSHINEGIRL_X
Ok update. My LMIA is being applied for in my name when we get to that stage advert going in JOB Bank and other places today fingers crossed. I now know it's Shawnessy area of Calgary. More waiting......
Great stuff. Shawnessy is 15 minutes from where I am in okotoks.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tomscott
Great stuff. Shawnessy is 15 minutes from where I am in okotoks.
Really, well hopefully all goes well. I will keep updating when I know more.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Hi Tom Scott, how are you enjoying Canada so far, have you done much driving yet??

Last edited by Smudger75; Apr 16th 2015 at 12:47 am.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Hi Tom Scott, how are you enjoying Canada so far, have you done much driving yet??
Loving it! But there's been a lack of driving a truck. Cos you've got to do a million tests to be able to drive one.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Tomscott I forgot to ask did you get work Permit at POE? Was that at Calgary and was it a long wait and how long to process. Just thinking ahead as will have a tired 3 year old with us.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Can anyone explain the prosses of extending a work permit from inside Canada. Dose my employer need another positive LMIA?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

I'm not sure but from what I have read on other sites that you can't extend work permits you have to apply for a new LMIA.

please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Ok i need to figure this out, I know you can re-apply from inside Canada. My intentions are to see out the two years required to gain PR as an experienced Canadian worker.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasontotty
Ok i need to figure this out, I know you can re-apply from inside Canada. My intentions are to see out the two years required to gain PR as an experienced Canadian worker.
not sure why you think you'd need 2 years experience to qualify for PR?

But you'd need a new LMIA to get a new TWP unless you're eligible for an open work permit or are in another LMIA exempt category (ie you've got provincial nomination).

HTH.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SUNSHINEGIRL_X
Tomscott I forgot to ask did you get work Permit at POE? Was that at Calgary and was it a long wait and how long to process. Just thinking ahead as will have a tired 3 year old with us.
Yes I did. Cost me $155. I was through it all in about 30 minutes. depends how big the que is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.