Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Living in Canada, PR processed in London

Wikiposts

Living in Canada, PR processed in London

Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road
Default Living in Canada, PR processed in London

Hi everyone.

My Canadian Common law partner is sponsoring me for PR. I will be sending my PR application to London for processing even though I have lived in Canada for the past 22 months. Has anyone else done this? I would appreciate hearing your experience and how long processing took.

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:31 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living in Canada, PR processed in London

yes I have.

Here's mine:

Sponsorship:

We received your application to sponsor xxxx on November 3, 2008.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2008.

We sent you a letter on December 1, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Immigration:

We started processing xxxx application on December 10, 2008.

Medical results have been received.

PPR (Friday) 13th February

xxxx entered Canada at Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge on March 14, 2009 and became a Permanent Resident
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Living in Canada, PR processed in London

Wow that's quicker than I thought! So you had no complications arising from the fact you live in Canada... that's what worries me. Ii feel a bit less nervous now. Thanks!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Wow that was quick....
We have been living in Canada since 2006 and we sent our PR application to London (on the advise of our immigration Lawyer),they got it in August 2008. We had the 90 day letter thatrequested further information in January 2009, and sent them the required information, and as of today we have not heard anything else from them....hopefully any day
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oakefam
Wow that was quick....
We have been living in Canada since 2006 and we sent our PR application to London (on the advise of our immigration Lawyer),they got it in August 2008. We had the 90 day letter thatrequested further information in January 2009, and sent them the required information, and as of today we have not heard anything else from them....hopefully any day
What class is you PR under? Mine is Common Law Partner sponsorship. There are different processing times between classes.

Hopefully you will get your PR very soon
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

I forgot to ask you geo4... did you have to provide police check from Canada as well as UK?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brummi
I forgot to ask you geo4... did you have to provide police check from Canada as well as UK?
do you give them a correspondence in england becasue you are applying to london even though you are living in Canada or are they happy to mail you in canada.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

My lawyer advised they are ok corresponding to Canada but to avoud any confusion I have to stress in my application that I am living here.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

My lawyer advised they are ok corresponding to Canada but to avoud any confusion I have to stress in my application that I am living here.
So they dont mind knowing that you are living in canada even though you are applying outland?

i thaught they frowned apon that. as they expect you to appy inland if you are inland.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Apparently there is no legal obligation to apply inland. I guess I'll have to wait and see if they have a problem with it.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

have just discovered i don't need to get canadian police check
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Apparently there is no legal obligation to apply inland. I guess I'll have to wait and see if they have a problem with it.
useful to know. good luck.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Hi, I am applying from Canada and it was sent to London...... I had to provide a Police Check....they only cost $25 for 2 of us, so I would suggest just to send one just in case....then the process wont be delayed
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Living in Canada, PR processed in London

Originally Posted by oakefam
Hi, I am applying from Canada and it was sent to London...... I had to provide a Police Check....they only cost $25 for 2 of us, so I would suggest just to send one just in case....then the process wont be delayed
Even though the Application Guide says one from Canada is not needed?

Well I think I'll get one then just in case, really don't need a delay! Thanks oakefam
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

No problems Brummi, we all know how frustrating this whole process can be, so for the sake of a quick trip to the local RCMP station and them doing a quick check on you for $25, its well worth it...

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.