Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

License for regulated professions and validity of IELTs whilst in Express Entry pool

License for regulated professions and validity of IELTs whilst in Express Entry pool

Old Apr 11th 2015, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default License for regulated professions and validity of IELTs whilst in Express Entry pool

Hi just wondered if anyone can advise. I work within a regulated profession in the UK, but have not sat my licensing exams to practise in Canada, in which it is also regulated. Do I gain any more points if I've gained my licence to practise in Canada?

I already have sat my IELTs English exam last year, and so it will expire early next year. I was wondering what happens while in the pool and your IELTs certificate expires - will your application become invalid? And what happens if in the case you're invited and this has expired?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: License for regulated professions and validity of IELTs whilst in Express Entry p

If any changes to your circumstances such as IELTS expired then need to re-calculate the points/scores in EE...in theory if points fall then may not get ITA!

You will get points based on your experience if worked in Canada and also outside Canada... just look at point system for EE to know how much points for each!

There are questions on your eligibilty/licensed in Canada in EE but not sure if you get points for it? However I believe when you get ITA then you do need to provide evidence of licentiate in Canada.

wat profession do you do?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: License for regulated professions and validity of IELTs whilst in Express Entry p

Thanks for your advice Hasan. Yeah that makes sense that if the IELTs expire, then the points will drop.
I work as a pharmacist in UK, but it would take about 2 years before to gain licensing in Canada I think, by the time I sit at the exams and work supervised for the required amount of time for the province.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Am i right in thinking that Express Entry ranks you for your Education but not whether you have obtained license to practice, since it only asks for ECA? But for example if you do get an ITA, could CIC then turn you down because you've not obtained your license to practice in Canada?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 10:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Am i right in thinking that Express Entry ranks you for your Education but not whether you have obtained license to practice, since it only asks for ECA? But for example if you do get an ITA, could CIC then turn you down because you've not obtained your license to practice in Canada?
1, Based on your education, whether you can practise or not is immaterial
Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

I see, thanks for clarifying.