Legality

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Legality

When are you officially legal to live and work ?

Is it when you have the visa, when you land or when you receive your residency card ?

JET
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice
Default Re: Legality

It's when you land.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

when you land and have your SIN.......
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:19 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR79
when you land and have your SIN.......
You dont need the SIN to start work (although it makes it easier administratively), technically you can start before you have the actual number in hand and the employer can keep your contributions in a holding account to be paid once you have the number.

I started working for my employer 2 days after arriving, long before I had my SIN.

Then again, they knew I was here legally as they has done all the paperwork to get me here...