Wikiposts

Landing in Toronto

Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future
Default Landing in Toronto

Hi all,

We have just returned to Cardiff after our trip to Toronto. The landing procedure was far less stressful than I had imagined! We went to the guy in immigration, he checked our visas, asked how much money we were bringing in (did not include estimated proceeds from house sale) Filled in a form which we signed,and then said those long awaited words, congratulations, and welcome to Canada

We then went to customs who checked our goods to follow list. (We had forgotten to include a total estimate in Canadian dollars, so two really helpful guys went to find a calculator and added it up for us! They then stamped our forms and that was it!!!

Sadly, we had to return home after a week, but our 3 children (including 2 teenagers) didn't want to leave. In spite of our worries and stress about dragging them away from friends, the eldest one is now going to find another part time job so that he can move out there sooner than we can!

By the way, the stroppy teenage daughter who refused to consider taking a coat to Canada, froze for a day, and then when we went to the Blue Mountain ski resort near Collingwood (a beautiful place!) ended up begging her father to buy her a pair of (Very) un-cool mittens as she was freezing!!

Almost everyone we met in Canada was really pleasant and helpful, and we can't wait to move back there for good.

Rachel
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Beckieboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing in Toronto

HI Rachel,

We too had the same welcome when we landed in Toronto back in July.

They aren't that scary in customs

I love the "Congratulaions and welcome to Canada" it put a huge smile on my face.

Good luck for when you move over for good. It's great here