Anyone applying from Poland?

Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:21 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 17
Andrew27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone applying from Poland?

Hi...

It turned out that finding anyone applying from Poland (except for mirekJ) is next to impossible....I can't believe it, keeping in mind that average processing time in Warsaw is 24 months ON AVERAGE.....Where are you all Warsaw applicants? Lest's share our opinions and experience...!!


Application (SW) Jul 05
AOR Aug 05
Andrew27 is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:52 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 15
mihu is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Hi

I am signing up for this list (short by now)

I guess they are working on my case for all that time :scared: that is why others have to wait 24 months

I am curious about other applicants from Poland too!!!

Please COME OUT!!!

mihu
mihu is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:47 pm
  #3  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

There are many in this forum, you just didn't pay much attention to recognize them. Some applying from Poland and others already in Canada on study or work permit and applying while here. Do some browsing and analyze screen names more carefully.

24 months is a long time??? Tell it to those who were waiting not long ago in Warsaw for 4+ years, or to others who still wait in Damascus, Beijing, New Delhi, Manila and Islamabad for few years longer...


Originally Posted by mihu
Hi

I am signing up for this list (short by now)

I guess they are working on my case for all that time :scared: that is why others have to wait 24 months

I am curious about other applicants from Poland too!!!

Please COME OUT!!!

mihu
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:09 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 17
Andrew27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Thank you for your reply Mr Andrew...

Frankly speaking, I looked over a few threads of this forum (about 50) but only person I've found was MirekJ....But he had difficulties in finding applicants from Warsaw as well....I thought such a thread may encourage other applicants to gather in one place instead of being scattered all over the forum.....And you see...Up to now there aren't many of them...

And as far as this 24-month period is concerned.....I'm aware of the fact that it could last much longer and in comparison with other countries it seems to be short...However, I'm still not convinced that our embassy has so many applications that it has to last 2 yeras....On polish forums there's only....silence....

On the other hand.....Some say....patience is the virtue of the warrior..
Andrew27 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 3:03 am
  #5  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Look also for bartM and others - 50 threads is nothing my friend, go through a year or 2 worth of threads.

Processing times in Warsaw only recently dropped to about 24 months level, after Poland became member of EU. Why? Because majority of Poles contemplating any migration are not emigrants/immigrants - they are simply migrant workers looking for greener pasture for a while, only to make more money than they make in Poland, so they go to Germany and UK mostly. They are not interested in factors like quality of life or environment which are main reason for Brits for example moving to Canada for good.

Silence in Polish forum? Normal. Majority of us Poles have it in our genes not to trust anyone (especially another Pole) and are reluctant to share our problems or joys in any public forum. Many won't admit where they are from in public forums too.


Originally Posted by Andrew27
Thank you for your reply Mr Andrew...

Frankly speaking, I looked over a few threads of this forum (about 50) but only person I've found was MirekJ....But he had difficulties in finding applicants from Warsaw as well....I thought such a thread may encourage other applicants to gather in one place instead of being scattered all over the forum.....And you see...Up to now there aren't many of them...

And as far as this 24-month period is concerned.....I'm aware of the fact that it could last much longer and in comparison with other countries it seems to be short...However, I'm still not convinced that our embassy has so many applications that it has to last 2 yeras....On polish forums there's only....silence....

On the other hand.....Some say....patience is the virtue of the warrior..
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:00 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 265
bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Hi Andrew, yep - I'm from Poland too but never applied in Warsaw (I got my papers from Buffalo). Regardless, if you have some questions or problems, feel free to ask me too. Powodzenia.



Originally Posted by Andrew27
Thank you for your reply Mr Andrew...

Frankly speaking, I looked over a few threads of this forum (about 50) but only person I've found was MirekJ....But he had difficulties in finding applicants from Warsaw as well....I thought such a thread may encourage other applicants to gather in one place instead of being scattered all over the forum.....And you see...Up to now there aren't many of them...

And as far as this 24-month period is concerned.....I'm aware of the fact that it could last much longer and in comparison with other countries it seems to be short...However, I'm still not convinced that our embassy has so many applications that it has to last 2 yeras....On polish forums there's only....silence....

On the other hand.....Some say....patience is the virtue of the warrior..
bartM is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:42 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 15
mihu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
There are many in this forum, you just didn't pay much attention to recognize them. Some applying from Poland and others already in Canada on study or work permit and applying while here. Do some browsing and analyze screen names more carefully.

24 months is a long time??? Tell it to those who were waiting not long ago in Warsaw for 4+ years, or to others who still wait in Damascus, Beijing, New Delhi, Manila and Islamabad for few years longer...
Hi to All!!!

That is great we are not alone here.
Concerning this 24months waiting I didn't mean it is soo long! Of course I know that others wait 4 years or more. But still I thing that comparing to the quantity of applicants from Warsaw 2 years is quite a long time to consider a case.

I completely agree with You Mr. Miller in the matter of secretiveness of Poles. I think it is mostly because since our childhood we are taught not to trust fully anyone - and we all know why!! Sometimes it's good sometimes not.

BartM, it is nice to hear You are SWÓJ CHŁOP!!!

GREETINGS to ALL too

mihu
mihu is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:52 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 17
Andrew27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Thank you Mr Andrew, thank you BartM....

Unfortunately, in most cases, that's true what you've said Mr Andrew....Some kind of national vice...Or maybe just historical experience...(or X-files..."Trust no one"... )

By the way....

I've found sth intriguing about CAIPS notes....In instruction (to IMM5563B form) it's suggested that (more less) "...request for visa files may increase processing time, as it requires assistance of missions abroad".

Do you think Mr Andrew that such a request might really have an influence on a single case? My Aunt (Canadian citizen for over 20 years) urges I should write and send her my consent. She wants to act on my behalf and additionally send to Ottawa some kind of letter that I can count on their full support if Embassy let me get there....I really appreciate her help, but I'm not sure whether it might have positive effects....What would you advise me to do?

BartM...have you sent request for CAIPS note to Bufallo?

Thanks in advance...
Andrew27 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:25 am
  #9  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

CAIPS printout request even if mailed to Ottawa must be approved by processing visa post - it means processing officer must take time off assessing cases to respond to Ottawa. Same with pointless and countless faxes and emails sent to visa posts by impatient applicants - all of that takes resources and time away from processing.

What you want it for in the first place???

Is something wrong with your case? Have you been wrongly assessed? have you been called for interview and want to find why? If none of the above then sit put, be patient and enjoy life.

Your aunt sending any support letter to Ottawa is completely pointless. You got points for having her in Canada and that is all. Rest is up to you, your qualifications and skills, your adaptability and how well you demonstrated in application package that you have good chances for establishing yourself economically in Canada. If your chances don't look promising then you may be refused even with 90+ points on the basis of section 76(3) of IRPA Regulations here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2002-227/sec76.html


Originally Posted by Andrew27
Thank you Mr Andrew, thank you BartM....

Unfortunately, in most cases, that's true what you've said Mr Andrew....Some kind of national vice...Or maybe just historical experience...(or X-files..."Trust no one"... )

By the way....

I've found sth intriguing about CAIPS notes....In instruction (to IMM5563B form) it's suggested that (more less) "...request for visa files may increase processing time, as it requires assistance of missions abroad".

Do you think Mr Andrew that such a request might really have an influence on a single case? My Aunt (Canadian citizen for over 20 years) urges I should write and send her my consent. She wants to act on my behalf and additionally send to Ottawa some kind of letter that I can count on their full support if Embassy let me get there....I really appreciate her help, but I'm not sure whether it might have positive effects....What would you advise me to do?

BartM...have you sent request for CAIPS note to Bufallo?

Thanks in advance...
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:06 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 17
Andrew27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Thanks for prompt reply....

I think I'll adhere to your suggestions.....I'm still before IA so I'm not sure if everything is ok or not....But my score isn't impressive (71) and it's a source of my concerns....And that sentence in IMM5563B form instruction was tempting a bit...

Thanks for that link...I'm a lawyer and it will definitely shed some light on the legal regulations referring to immigration...I was curious how do they look like...
Andrew27 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:53 am
  #11  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

If you were that curious about IRPA and it's Regulations then you could simply visit CIC website and find there everything you need - not only access to full text of laws and regulations but also to immigration manual which is continuously updated and instructs processing officers in each step of the process. Please don't get me wrong but if you are a lawyer then where are your research skills and your resourcefulness? Have you ever visited CIC website? It is all there for those who can comprehend legal "mumbo jumbo".

www.cic.gc.ca

If you are still before IA then there is absolutely nothing of interest in your CAIPS file. You may want to see it only (1) if you are called for interview or (2) if for some unknown reason your case is being delayed for longer than 12 months after positive selection decision was made (after interview waiver or after successful interview).


Originally Posted by Andrew27
Thanks for prompt reply....

I think I'll adhere to your suggestions.....I'm still before IA so I'm not sure if everything is ok or not....But my score isn't impressive (71) and it's a source of my concerns....And that sentence in IMM5563B form instruction was tempting a bit...

Thanks for that link...I'm a lawyer and it will definitely shed some light on the legal regulations referring to immigration...I was curious how do they look like...
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:11 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 17
Andrew27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone applying from Poland?

Of course I was!

And you're right...There's nothing more in IRPA...Except for a few details...Unimportant for me at this stage of process...
Andrew27 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.