Landing requirements

Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Sherni is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Landing requirements

Hi there

It's been a while but here's my update...

I've been living in Canada since July after getting married. I emailed cic last week for an update on my visa application and they said that they may issue is next week as my medical runs out on dec 1. We have booked our flights and aim to back in Canada on 29 nov. I just wanted to ask, what do I need to land in Canada? My paperwork is all here with me so I just want to make sure I take the right stuff with me.

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 18th 2012, 4:55 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing requirements

Originally Posted by Sherni
H I just wanted to ask, what do I need to land in Canada?
Three greens, gear down and locked and a long strip of asphalt in front of you.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If in doubt, check the Wiki.......http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Also, I just wanted to check, but you say you've been living in Canada since July? But then talk about flights? If you're already in Canada, then you shouldn't need to get a flight anywhere. You can either go to the nearest border to activate your PR, or do it at a CIC office.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 18th 2012 at 7:54 am.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!

The visa is being sent to my parents address in England as that's where I was living when we started the process. The visas being sent there so I need to get it then land in Canada.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 3:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

The visa is being sent to my parents address in England as that's where I was living when we started the process. The visas being sent there so I need to get it then land in Canada.
What a palaver! Why not just change your address with CIC, so it's sent directly to you? Save you a fortune on flights, as well as being a lot simpler too...........
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks but I needed to visit my parents too so it's kinda kill two birds with one stone.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

I would just like to know what documents (if any) I need to show when I land in Canada. Thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to know what documents (if any) I need to show when I land in Canada. Thanks.
Valid passport and COPR forms will suffice for Immigration. For CBSA a list of any goods to follow at a later date.