Landing question

Old Sep 17th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Goke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing question

Received COPR and just wondering if it is possible for hubby to 'land' on his own(principal applicant) and i and the children go a few months later on our own without him(being the principal applicant) or does he have to be present when we ''land'' as well?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:06 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Landing question

Originally Posted by Goke
Received COPR and just wondering if it is possible for hubby to 'land' on his own(principal applicant) and i and the children go a few months later on our own without him(being the principal applicant) or does he have to be present when we ''land'' as well?

Thanks in advance.
Principal applicant must land first. Family can land at the same time or after. You generally must land within 12 months of your medical date.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BTJ
Principal applicant must land first. Family can land at the same time or after. You generally must land within 12 months of your medical date.
Thanks for your response but the question really is if I and the children can land on our own without hubby being physically present with us as he is the principal applicant.
We are considering him going ahead of us to land and scout the area for accomodation and then returning to the uk while I and the kids then make our way over a few weeks later without him coming with us hence the question.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goke
Thanks for your response but the question really is if I and the children can land on our own without hubby being physically present with us as he is the principal applicant.
We are considering him going ahead of us to land and scout the area for accomodation and then returning to the uk while I and the kids then make our way over a few weeks later without him coming with us hence the question.
As BTJ stated, your husband can land and you and the children can land later if you prefer. He does not need to be with you though it would be a good idea to have copies of his paperwork with you. If you intend to come separately, you will need a letter signed by your husband giving you consent to travel to Canada with the children together with a photocopy of his passport.

Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As BTJ stated, your husband can land and you and the children can land later if you prefer. He does not need to be with you though it would be a good idea to have copies of his paperwork with you. If you intend to come separately, you will need a letter signed by your husband giving you consent to travel to Canada with the children together with a photocopy of his passport.

That's brilliant. Thanks for the clarification and advice.