Landing - Photos?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Landing - Photos?

I have done a search but cannot find this specifically.

I seem to remember from other poster's coments that they had to have photos for the pr card application when they landed, but the letter from CIC Canada that accomanies visas and forms doesn't mention this at all.
In fact gives very little detail about landing at all!

Did I imagine it or do you have to have photos to land???

Penny
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Landing - Photos?

Hi

I'm by far not the expert on this, but Cov Canuck seems to have asked similar questions - they might be able to help?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...landing+photos

was a recent thread on the subject....

I'll be interested to see the answer. Although by now the Canadians must have a whole portfolio of pics of our family over the last couple of years, I bet they'll still want a couple more!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing - Photos?

Originally Posted by pennyhp
I have done a search but cannot find this specifically.

I seem to remember from other poster's coments that they had to have photos for the pr card application when they landed, but the letter from CIC Canada that accomanies visas and forms doesn't mention this at all.
In fact gives very little detail about landing at all!

Did I imagine it or do you have to have photos to land???

Penny
If the photo attached to your COPR is okay, they'll use that. If not, they'll take new ones/you can hand over acceptable ones. Mr B's COPR one was not okay, London had stapled it and it had biro smudges. He had a new digital one taken by the immigration officer at Pearson on the spot.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Hi

I'm by far not the expert on this, but Cov Canuck seems to have asked similar questions - they might be able to help?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...landing+photos

was a recent thread on the subject....

I'll be interested to see the answer. Although by now the Canadians must have a whole portfolio of pics of our family over the last couple of years, I bet they'll still want a couple more!

Thank you for the link to the thread. I don't know why I couldn't find it.

Penny
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
If the photo attached to your COPR is okay, they'll use that. If not, they'll take new ones/you can hand over acceptable ones. Mr B's COPR one was not okay, London had stapled it and it had biro smudges. He had a new digital one taken by the immigration officer at Pearson on the spot.
Thanks Biiiiiink

Feel better now.

Another thing sorted.

Penny
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough

We landed last wednesday at Toronto Pearson and photos for PR card weren't mentioned. As stated earlier by Biiiiink, if the photo on your COPR is okay then they use that.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:26 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

If I was you I would make a point of checking with them that they are happy with the photo. i just passed through and after 60 days became worried that I had not seen my PR card - it turned out that the photo was not good enough and had to be redone. Not having a PR card caused problems sitting the driving test here in BC. My wife had her phot re-done on landing (Julie came 1 month after me) and recieved her PR card fairly quickly. It will only take a few minutes and could save a lot of greif.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Airseir
If I was you I would make a point of checking with them that they are happy with the photo. i just passed through and after 60 days became worried that I had not seen my PR card - it turned out that the photo was not good enough and had to be redone. Not having a PR card caused problems sitting the driving test here in BC. My wife had her phot re-done on landing (Julie came 1 month after me) and recieved her PR card fairly quickly. It will only take a few minutes and could save a lot of greif.

If you have used the machine photos on your COPR, there is a very good chance that Sydney will reject them, as they fade. If you have, get them to take another photo when you land.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you have used the machine photos on your COPR, there is a very good chance that Sydney will reject them, as they fade. If you have, get them to take another photo when you land.
Thanks all for all the help.

Yes I used the photo booth pics for COPR.

What has Sydney got to do with anything. Im' confused.

Penny
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:57 am
Just Joined

elsiepeters is an unknown quantity at this point

same here I used the photo booth pictures myself...so i guess i have to get one professionally done before travelling to canada as cant vouch for how i'll look after several hours on a plane.

Last edited by elsiepeters; Mar 7th 2007 at 9:03 am.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks all for all the help.

Yes I used the photo booth pics for COPR.

What has Sydney got to do with anything. Im' confused.

Penny
Sydney NS processes PR Cards and Citizenship cards.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Sydney NS processes PR Cards and Citizenship cards.

Thank you

Sydney Australia was the only one that came to my mind.

So thanks for clearing that up.

Penny
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You're not the only one, seems to happen a lot - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2172858.stm

Thank you

Sydney Australia was the only one that came to my mind.

So thanks for clearing that up.

Penny
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

I had the matt finish phtoso done professionally for the application, but took photo booth photos with me for landing - I didn't want the immigration officer totake photos on the spot with me looking like death warmed up having had no sleep for several nights, travel hassles, etc. No way I wanted something like that on my PR card!
Imm officer at To just accepted photo booth photos without any probs.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:39 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Mine were professionally done ones - colour - the ones I got done at Walmart here were the ones they finally used - Walmart do a Passport and immigration service - it is used a lot by the local foreign University students so they seem to know what the Canadian authorities want. They recommended Black and white ones - I didnt care as long as I got the PR card.

Originally Posted by TrishB
I had the matt finish phtoso done professionally for the application, but took photo booth photos with me for landing - I didn't want the immigration officer totake photos on the spot with me looking like death warmed up having had no sleep for several nights, travel hassles, etc. No way I wanted something like that on my PR card!
Imm officer at To just accepted photo booth photos without any probs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.