Landing - my experience

Old Nov 14th 2009, 12:55 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Landing - my experience

Not sure if this is the correct place for this (Mods please feel free to move) but hopefully it'll give a summarised insight into my experience of "Landing".

Venue: Calgary

So first off i would advise people who are travelling to "land" to make every effort to pre book (if you're unlucky enough to fly charter) or select when checking in (scheduled flight) a seat as far forward as possible so as to be able to get out of the aircraft before everybody else.

The landing experience:
We arrived at passport control with no queue, handed our passports over, and told the officer that we're here to activate our PR visa. He wrote on our landing card and directed us to to the immigration desks.

Walked around the corner to immigration and found no queue at all so headed straight to one of the check-outs. Told the guy we were landing and handed over our passports and paperwork. We signed some stuff in front of him and he welcomed us to Canada. This all happened within a space of about 5 minutes.

We then walked to grab our luggage and was then directed to customs. We spent a total of 5 minutes signing some forms and handed over our goods accompanying and good following lists and that was that. We left the airport

So in total, from leaving the plane to walking out of the airport an immigrant took us a total of 35 minutes. Awesome!!!!!

We then drove from Calgary to have a lovely Chinese meal in Okotoks before heading to Cranbrook for a good nights sleep in preparation for a celebratory bit quad biking.

Thanks to everybody who's offered advice and good luck to all who're going through the process.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing - my experience

Hi el_richo
Many thanks for the most informative post & all the best for the future

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:31 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Great that it was so straight-forward.
Congrats.

Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Not sure if this is the correct place for this (Mods please feel free to move) but hopefully it'll give a summarised insight into my experience of "Landing".

So first off i would advise people who are travelling to "land" to make every effort to pre book (if you're unlucky enough to fly charter) or select when checking in (scheduled flight) a seat as far forward as possible so as to be able to get out of the aircraft before everybody else.

The landing experience:
We arrived at passport control with no queue, handed our passports over, and told the officer that we're here to activate our PR visa. He wrote on our landing card and directed us to to the immigration desks.

Walked around the corner to immigration and found no queue at all so headed straight to one of the check-outs. Told the guy we were landing and handed over our passports and paperwork. We signed some stuff in front of him and he welcomed us to Canada. This all happened within a space of about 5 minutes.

We then walked to grab our luggage and was then directed to customs. We spent a total of 5 minutes signing some forms and handed over our goods accompanying and good following lists and that was that. We left the airport

So in total, from leaving the plane to walking out of the airport an immigrant took us a total of 35 minutes. Awesome!!!!!

We then drove from Calgary to have a lovely Chinese meal in Okotoks before heading to Cranbrook for a good nights sleep in preparation for a celebratory bit quad biking.

Thanks to everybody who's offered advice and good luck to all who're going through the process.
Congratulations el richo enjoy your time there esp the quad biking
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Seems all so painless.

Congratulations and hope you enjoy your quad biking.

JET
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Congrats El Richo !
Good luck for the future
Old Nov 14th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats El Richo - I hope our landing next month goes as smoothly as yours.

Poppit
Old Nov 14th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

The landing experience:

Good luck in your new life!

Cheers

Martin
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

congrats..........im glad it went well.........all the best with your new life in Canada.......
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:14 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Y'know, it really was much much easier than i expected. Especially with sitting so close to the front of the plane, i can't stress enough how much difference it made being one of the first off and the first to immigration.

It was a painless experience and i just wanted to reassure the folks who have it coming up that it's dead easy and so very straight forward. We chose Calgary as to its smaller and more relaxed airport so couldn't tell you what it's like in Vancouver or Toronto, for example.

I've attached a couple of pictures to share. One of my post immigration celebratory quad biking session and the view from my deck on the first morning as an official PR
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:23 pm
Beep

Ooops, pics attached
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:37 pm
Beep

Ooops, pics attached
Wonder if this worked
Attached Thumbnails Landing - my experience-2009-012.jpg   Landing - my experience-img_3067.jpg  
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:57 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if this worked
Wow, great view to move to!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

hey,

glad it went well....

just quickly how did you compile the goods to follow and accompany goods in the end?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:24 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by MR79
hey,

glad it went well....

just quickly how did you compile the goods to follow and accompany goods in the end?
Again, this was dead easy. I didn't use any of the official forms.

I created an Excel Spreadsheet for Accompanying Goods and Goods to Follow. They each had only 2 columns, titled Description and Value in $. That was it. we just summarised the items we had with us for Accompanying goods (Jewelery = $xxxx, Clothing = $xxxx, Suitcases x2 = $xxxx, and so on). Same for the Goods to Follow.

That was it. After we grabbed our luggage, the customs lady just scanned through the lists (without checking anything) and stapled it to the official documents and that was that.

Very very easy, pleasant, and quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.