British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Landing Forms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/landing-forms-599020/)

mrs hortons Mar 21st 2009 5:19 pm

Landing Forms

Just a quick prob dull question! I am filling in my B4E/A forms as I am landing on Thurs and at the bottom it states "signed at". Now, is this signed at Toronto or is it the time?? :rofl::o

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Landing Forms

Originally Posted by mrs hortons (Post 7404639)
Just a quick prob dull question! I am filling in my B4E/A forms as I am landing on Thurs and at the bottom it states "signed at". Now, is this signed at Toronto or is it the time?? :rofl::o

Hi mrs H, don't sign anything...you need to sign in front of the immigration officer.....step back and put the pen down now:rofl:

mrs hortons Mar 21st 2009 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 7404640)
Hi mrs H, don't sign anything...you need to sign in front of the immigration officer.....step back and put the pen down now:rofl:

Oops too late!!!! Another load of forms for me to do again then! :blink::o

alilane Mar 21st 2009 5:39 pm

sorry to barge in..

dont know if I'm having a blonde moment.. what form is this and should my husband have one?? He is landing next month on WP and we've not been advised of this form.. dont want him coming straight back home!! :lol:

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 5:42 pm

Mrs H, are these the forms for PR?

mrs hortons Mar 21st 2009 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by alilane (Post 7404677)
sorry to barge in..

dont know if I'm having a blonde moment.. what form is this and should my husband have one?? He is landing next month on WP and we've not been advised of this form.. dont want him coming straight back home!! :lol:

sorry I sholud of been more specific, I am talking about the B4e forms for personal items when you are landing as a PR.
Flirty do you mean that I can sign the forms then? I am also having one of the odd days where just about everything is confusing me, even the easiest of thing lol. :D:D

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by mrs hortons (Post 7404687)
sorry I sholud of been more specific, I am talking about the B4e forms for personal items when you are landing as a PR.
Flirty do you mean that I can sign the forms then? I am also having one of the odd days where just about everything is confusing me, even the easiest of thing lol. :D:D

Thank god it's not just me:rofl:

You need to sign these forms...or should i say the main applicant needs to sign them....:thumbsup:

sheadboy Mar 21st 2009 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by mrs hortons (Post 7404687)

I gave my forms to the immigration officer and he said he didn't need them which I know is incorrect! so now I'm waiting to hear back from the Customs department because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay import duties on items because the immigration official didn't know what he was doing.

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sheadboy (Post 7404702)
I gave my forms to the immigration officer and he said he didn't need them which I know is incorrect! so now I'm waiting to hear back from the Customs department because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay import duties on items because the immigration official didn't know what he was doing.

The immigration officer doesn't need them, the customs officer does.:o

How did you get through customs without declaring the stuff you brought with you?:blink:

sheadboy Mar 21st 2009 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 7404710)
The immigration officer doesn't need them, the customs officer does.:o

How did you get through customs without declaring the stuff you brought with you?:blink:

sorry I wasn't clear...I lumped them together, nobody was interested in them.

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by sheadboy (Post 7404717)
sorry I wasn't clear...I lumped them together, nobody was interested in them.

Shit....are are you shipping stuff over?

This has happened before ....i'll try and find the link;)

sheadboy Mar 21st 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 7404722)
Shit....are are you shipping stuff over?

This has happened before ....i'll try and find the link;)

yeah they were fine with the stuff we had on us but weren't interested in our goods to follow. I've contacted Canadian Customs directly and am waiting for a response, but any help would be great :rofl:

FlirtyKnickers Mar 21st 2009 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by sheadboy (Post 7404725)
yeah they were fine with the stuff we had on us but weren't interested in our goods to follow. I've contacted Canadian Customs directly and am waiting for a response, but any help would be great :rofl:

I can't find it but i'll keep looking,:o

I don't think it'll be a problem because your notified them already. We landed in Dec and they took copies of the forms we had, it's strange they didn't do the same for you...:confused:

albert_ed May 27th 2009 11:17 am

Can anyone tell me how much detail the personal goods list needs to be please? Does anyone have an example? I know there is the B4e/a forms etc.

I got a bit carried away and have the entire house contents listed by room in spreadsheet format (I'm a sad case, I know!), with approx values against each item!

Thanks

Ed

mclauchlan35 May 27th 2009 3:12 pm

We are landing on friday and have just put everything on our goods to follow list and hopefully that will be ok.

Does anybody know if you need a goods accompanying list for the stuff you have with you even though we would be taking that home with us two weeks later?